6 UK football players are facing 1st degree burglary charges.

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Here is a link telling a football player’s side of the story   He claims he feared for his life.  There’s so much hearsay with this story with so little evidence.  I can’t imagine that the players will be convicted.   I guess we shall see.  

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/kentucky-football-fraternity-party-racial-slurs

“For the first time, we have an account of what prompted the fight at an off-campus fraternity party in March from one of the six Kentucky Football players involved. 

WKYT obtained documents from UK through an open-records request, including a letter from one of the players to the UK Office of Student Conduct. The player, whose name is redacted, claims he and his teammate feared for their lives after encountering racial slurs at the party.

“I completely and undoubtedly deny any allegations that I threatened, harmed or caused any harm to anyone at this party that night,” a football player whose name was redacted wrote in a letter dated April 20 and sent to UK’s student responsibility coordinator. “I was the victim of a ‘hate crime’ that I will be following up and filing charges with the city of Lexington soon.”

In the letter, the person describes a young lady screaming “get these fu[redacted] N[redacted] out of here,” with more than a dozen other guys coming up to them, pushing them and calling them “black a[redacted] N[redacted]”, “P[redacted] a[redacted] N[redacted]” and more.

“This was a very traumatic experience for me, something I never had to endure in my lifetime,” the letter reads. “All I could think about is my life and getting out of that house.”

WKYT
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

There were ATO's on campus at NKU when I was there in the late 90s early 00s. As far as I know, they did, in fact, have a frat bench on the plaza.

Well, they didn't from September 2000 until July 2001. It might of gotten shipped to Lexington where it spent its time on my front porch off of Waller St.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

There were ATO's on campus at NKU when I was there in the late 90s early 00s. As far as I know, they did, in fact, have a frat bench on the plaza.

Sorry about that I misunderstood what you were saying.  Yes there are still ATO"S at NKU.  I was thinking you were talking about UK.  I think I need to upgrade my reading comprehension

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bluto said:

Josh Moore of the Herald-Leader is reporting that all charges against all six players were dismissed by the grand jury.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Just in time for the biggest game of the year. Pays having the judge's son on the team, I suppose. 

If the player's father had that much influence it probably wouldn't have dragged out this long. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I understand doing away with any felonies but that doesn't mean I think there shouldn't be any official punishment. 

The players have lost 6 months of development and working out with the team, and have weakened the team by that much.

A stiff penalty for the stupidity of gathering 3 more people and re-entering a place that you "feared for your life."