Joey Votto

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a player as much as I am enjoying watching Joey Votto right now. His at bats are must watch. He has been arguably the best player in baseball over the past month or so. I love seeing him do this to solidify himself as a future Hall of Famer. His interviews and commentary with the media have been almost as good as his hitting during this streak. He is putting himself in the MVP conversation with what he is doing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a player as much as I am enjoying watching Joey Votto right now. His at bats are must watch. He has been arguably the best player in baseball over the past month or so. I love seeing him do this to solidify himself as a future Hall of Famer. His interviews and commentary with the media have been almost as good as his hitting during this streak. He is putting himself in the MVP conversation with what he is doing. 

I am happy for Votto and the Reds.  Plus, I like the positive vibes it creates around town.

Go Reds!

I too am happy for Votto.  At age 37 who knows how many more productive years he has left.

For years, he has been much maligned, as being over-paid, and under-achieving.  I always thought he would be lured away by the pinstripes and bright lights of New York, or some place equally glitzy.  He has been loyal to Cincinnati, and is providing his fans with some incredible memories to remember him by.  

Happy for Joey to have this kind of spurt at this point in his career.   He's proven throughout that when he puts his mind to it, he can accomplish want he wants.   Given his mega-contract, there were always going to be some fans that were never going to be satisfied.

He's been a HOF level player for his career, in an organization that wasted some of his best years with terrible pitching and rebuilds.  Since he was making $25 mil a year, he took the heat for a lot of that.   Good to see him getting the love he has deserved at times, but rarely gotten.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

There is an option year for 2024. The Reds can pay him $20M or buy out the year for $7M.

Not sure what his plans are but I would hope to see him retire from Cincinnati and not go somewhere else for a year or two before calling it quits. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not sure what his plans are but I would hope to see him retire from Cincinnati and not go somewhere else for a year or two before calling it quits. 

I don't see Votto ever playing anywhere else. The caveat would be if the Reds collapse to non contender and Votto gets a chance to go to a possible World Series team.

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't see Votto ever playing anywhere else. The caveat would be if the Reds collapse to non contender and Votto gets a chance to go to a possible World Series team.

Watched Joey on the Dan Patrick show the other day.  He is a firm believer in being "loyal" to one city/organization.  After watching it, I believe he will retire as a Red.  It will just be in what year will it happen.

• Like 1