Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC???

Walter

6 hours ago, John Anthony said:

B10 is gonna get freaking Kansas.  I mean it’s good for basketball.

Finebaum said B1G is taking a "hard look" at adding UC and Iowa State. 

Doubt OSU and Ohio leaders would go for that, but that's a dream scenario for UC fans. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, The Raven said:

So A&M is playing the "It was ok when we did it, but you aren't allowed?" card.   Cry me a river!

I get it to an extent, or at least the reasoning.  Pitching playing in the SEC is definitely something A&M has used when recruiting against Texas.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I get it to an extent, or at least the reasoning.  Pitching playing in the SEC is definitely something A&M has used when recruiting against Texas.  

So A&M is basically admitting that, on even ground, they can never compete with Texas, at anything.  Quit craying and get better.

Just now, The Raven said:

So A&M is basically admitting that, on even ground, they can never compete with Texas, at anything.  Quit craying and get better.

Over the years I’ve heard that very few schools could compete with Texas on even ground.  Stars never aligned for long though. 

3 hours ago, The Raven said:

From what I’ve taken away from the whole ordeal is that A&M wasn’t let in on the conversations and was purposely left out of the conversations. I think they have a right to be upset about that. 

Texas and Oklahoma officially asked for an invitation to join the league today. SEC President's to meet Thursday to discuss, it is not clear yet if there will be a vote on Thursday or not.

The Texas/OU letter states they want to join the SEC on July 1, 2025.

14 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Texas and Oklahoma officially asked for an invitation to join the league today. SEC President's to meet Thursday to discuss, it is not clear yet if there will be a vote on Thursday or not.

The Texas/OU letter states they want to join the SEC on July 1, 2025.

I know it’s not the only reason, but it does give them a chance to recruit for their new conference.  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, The Raven said:

For a sport that prides itself on tradition, college football has sold its soul for the almighty dollar.   I say by 2030 UCLA and Southern Cal are in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

College football sold its soul for the almighty dollar back a few decades. People just bought the warm and fuzzy narratives.