Bowling Green High's New Football Stadium

Thought I would share a few photos I took of the new football stadium. Sorry I couldn't get closer, but it's still under construction.

Will be ready by the Purples first home game in September.

Great looking stadium. Kept a.lot.of the same look on the home side.

Many will be angry about the hillside seating being taken away. That was one of the best things about the old stadium. I was told it was unavoidable. BUT I want to see what the end product over there is going to be first.

Great job by the current administration, superintendent Gary Fields and everyone else involved to get this stadium built. Way to go! They should all be proud of their effort. I am really looking forward to attending the first game. I missed all the games last year due to COVID and they won a state title that year too.

Go Purples!

PXL_20210719_195901245.MP.jpg

PXL_20210719_195837122.jpg

PXL_20210719_195845072.MP.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Thought I would share a few photos I took of the new football stadium. Sorry I couldn't get closer, but it's still under construction.

Will be ready by the Purples first home game in September.

Great looking stadium. Kept a.lot.of the same look on the home side.

Many will be angry about the hillside seating being taken away. That was one of the best things about the old stadium. I was told it was unavoidable. BUT I want to see what the end product over there is going to be first.

Great job by the current administration, superintendent Gary Fields and everyone else involved to get this stadium built. Way to go! They should all be proud of their effort. I am really looking forward to attending the first game. I missed all the games last year due to COVID and they won a state title that year too.

Go Purples!

PXL_20210719_195901245.MP.jpg

PXL_20210719_195837122.jpg

PXL_20210719_195845072.MP.jpg

Looks great! Do you know if they’re putting stands on the other side? Or at least leaving the option open for adding them? Beautiful stadium. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Looks great! Do you know if they’re putting stands on the other side? Or at least leaving the option open for adding them? Beautiful stadium. 

From my understanding they are putting up stands on the other side. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Yes, there will be some smaller stands on the visiting side.

• Like 1

Thank @Killowatt59!

Great Photos!  

While I will miss many things about the El, I am SUPER excited to go to the Hoptown game (very first game) this season.  Excited to see this go in!

Does Greenwood have turf?  I know South does not at this time.  So they are the last 2 to wait for potential upgrades in Warren County.

Go Purples!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Thank @Killowatt59!

Great Photos!  

While I will miss many things about the El, I am SUPER excited to go to the Hoptown game (very first game) this season.  Excited to see this go in!

Does Greenwood have turf?  I know South does not at this time.  So they are the last 2 to wait for potential upgrades in Warren County.

Go Purples!

Greenwood and South Warren do not have turf and have very basic and bland stadiums.

I would bet the pressure will be turned up to do those stadiums.

The turf, while expensive upfront cost, probably saves in the long run with low maintenance compared to grass. Plus multiple sports can use it without it getting messed up.

The contractor for Bowling Green 's new stadium deserves lots of credit too. They were on a tight window and looks as if they will get it open on time. I know when Warren Central and Warren East did theirs there massive issues and delays. 

• Like 1

It’s sad to see the El go, but I think the new stadium looks awesome! Excited to see the purples play there, and for the new memories that’ll be made.

• Like 1

Certainly many other school systems, like Bowling Green City Schools does a great job of supporting their high schools but for you that may not know, Bowling Green City Schools is very blessed to have Gary Fields as their superintendent. He is not just the superintendent but he is a fan of the Purples.  Former coach, teacher, principal and now superintendent. I know he supports all the student athletes in each sport but he is a football guy. I contribute some of the recent success of the football Purples to the comradery from the "Top Down."  This starts with Gary Fields.

The Purples has been on an incredible run the past 10 years.   

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

Certainly many other school systems, like Bowling Green City Schools does a great job of supporting their high schools but for you that may not know, Bowling Green City Schools is very blessed to have Gary Fields as their superintendent. He is not just the superintendent but he is a fan of the Purples.  Former coach, teacher, principal and now superintendent. I know he supports all the student athletes in each sport but he is a football guy. I contribute some of the recent success of the football Purples to the comradery from the "Top Down."  This starts with Gary Fields.

The Purples has been on an incredible run the past 10 years.   

Absolutely agree. Gary Fields was one of my coaches when I played there.  Couldn't ask for a better guy. Very thankful for his leadership.

The school system from top to bottom is filled with some great people. 

• Like 1

The only problem in my opinion, is over the next 10-15 years everyone will end up with stadiums similar to this ( metal bleachers, turf, track). Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice and I blame no one for doing it. But the cookie cutter stadium will be very popular soon. I hope the old traditional stadiums with character hang around as long as they can! (Owensboro, Mayfield, Russellville, etc.)