Bowling Green High's New Football Stadium

19 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

The only problem in my opinion, is over the next 10-15 years everyone will end up with stadiums similar to this ( metal bleachers, turf, track). Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice and I blame no one for doing it. But the cookie cutter stadium will be very popular soon. I hope the old traditional stadiums with character hang around as long as they can! (Owensboro, Mayfield, Russellville, etc.)

I don't disagree with you BK, but everything has a beginning and end.  And stadiums don't last forever.

And if you wait too long to make improvements then it can turn out poorly.  Ask Ballard about that, who missed an entire home football season due to their stadium was found to be structurally unsafe.

I will miss the setup at the El and remember quite a few "encounters" in the stands (the Blackman game sticks out here!) due to both teams fans sitting on the one side.  Won't be like that anymore and kinda sad.  But very thankful for the new facility.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

The only problem in my opinion, is over the next 10-15 years everyone will end up with stadiums similar to this ( metal bleachers, turf, track). Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice and I blame no one for doing it. But the cookie cutter stadium will be very popular soon. I hope the old traditional stadiums with character hang around as long as they can! (Owensboro, Mayfield, Russellville, etc.)

I don't know if this stadium fits "cookie cutter" mold. I know what you are talking about and I have seen stadiums in recent years do that, even locally.  The new Bowling Green one looks different than those.

I wish the track could have been located somewhere else so you can get that Owensboro/Russellville feel to it. But almost no school has the land or the funds to completely move the track to a new area unfortunately.

@Killowatt59@Purple88 I definitely hear what you are saying. Stadiums don’t last forever and replacing them will be necessary for everyone at some point. I guess I’m saying they just don’t build them like they used to! Which goes for a lot of things. I completely understand that building concrete/brick stadiums are very expensive and almost impossible for districts to do. Wouldn’t say that BG new stadium is cookie cutter, it is very nice. I also agree that the tracks weren’t built around the fields but I know that’s another necessity sometimes. 

• Like 1

@Killowatt59 - good point on the track.  I hate track's around football stadiums.  McCracken has a newer field and the track is it's own stadium.  I love Owensboro's Rash Stadium -  and I've heard fans from across the state comment on being right on top of the action.  Turf and nice, but no track.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

E611o-tWEAAGSut.jpg

Can't wait until the school construction is finished and all that is cleaned up. It's going to look to so good. It might very will be the best public high school campus in the state when it's all done. 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:53 AM, Killowatt59 said:

Can't wait until the school construction is finished and all that is cleaned up. It's going to look to so good. It might very will be the best public high school campus in the state when it's all done. 

I know Barren Co has a nice one they built it attached with several classrooms so on the field side it has a really nice look to it.

• Like 1