CJ Fredrick (Cov Cath '18) to enter the NCAA transfer portal.

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Surprised. I thought Iowa was a great fit for CJ. I would be worried about his playing time if he came to UK as is speculated above.

UC?

I don’t think CJ “fits the mold” at UC, but maybe that’s just me.

7 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Is there one already established with Miller as the new coach?

No... But my guess is if CJ wasn't willing to stay home and play for Mick, odds are he isn't going to UC and playing for a coach he has no prior history or relationship with.

I'm really surprised Notre Dame hasn't been mentioned or involved.... Unless CJ's ultimate goal is to just get back closer to home.

• Like 1

There's accusations (among the Iowa fan base so take it FWIW) that there may have been some tampering behind the scenes before CJ was in the transfer portal. I'm assuming that's what Pat McCaffrey is referring to with his tweet below.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

There's accusations (among the Iowa fan base so take it FWIW) that there may have been some tampering behind the scenes before CJ was in the transfer portal. I'm assuming that's what Pat McCaffrey is referring to with his tweet below.

...meanwhile, in other news, Iowa is now the bright shining moral authority in the NCAA. Lulz

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Hmmmm .... why would that not surprise me?