St. Henry 61 Covington Catholic 60 (9th Region Rd 1)

15 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

I hope somebody out there can help me with his name, but the big reddish curly haired kid on the 2003 team that got hurt, got hurt in that Chris Lofton led Mason County game, and St. Henry might’ve won if he hadn’t gotten hurt. Late in the game there was a terrible missed obvious travelling call on Mason County that also could’ve turned things the Cru’s way. 

For some reason I thought the kid's name was Mike Schmidt.  He sat out about 6 minutes of the game and that gave Mason County a chance to stretch the lead a little bit.  

• Like 1

Just now, mcpapa said:

For some reason I thought the kid's name was Mike Schmidt.  He sat out about 6 minutes of the game and that gave Mason County a chance to stretch the lead a little bit.  

That's it, you're right it was Mike Schmidt just like the famed Philadelphia Phillies major league baseball player. Good memory papa! Whoever said that you were losing it?

29 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

I hope somebody out there can help me with his name, but the big reddish curly haired kid on the 2003 team that got hurt, got hurt in that Chris Lofton led Mason County game, and St. Henry might’ve won if he hadn’t gotten hurt. Late in the game there was a terrible missed obvious travelling call on Mason County that also could’ve turned things the Cru’s way. 

12 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

9 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

That's it, you're right it was Mike Schmidt just like the famed Philadelphia Phillies major league baseball player. Good memory papa! Whoever said that you were losing it?

Here's the box score from the game...

1681401005_200302FirstRoundMasonCountyvsStHenry-page-002.thumb.jpg.2883592f662c24e706a13ceb02c8f67c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

It's possible he was hurt in the Sweet 16 game.  My memory is foggy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

This bozo.

What Ever Happened to the Kids from A Christmas Story? | Consequence of  Sound

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Was that Schmitt?  I may have the spelling wrong, but I think that is who you are thinking of.

edit:  I can see I was way late, and should DEFINITELY read the rest of the thread before responding to a quoted post.  Doh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Was that Schmitt?  I may have the spelling wrong, but I think that is who you are thinking of.

edit:  I can see I was way late, and should DEFINITELY read the rest of the thread before responding to a quoted post.  Doh.

Get with the program. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/24/2021 at 7:57 AM, bjknku02 said:

Bang, bang as in Vieth running over Isparo.  There was clear, hard contact and the foul should have been called.

I think leaving out that the shot was blocked is to exclude a big part of the play. How often is a foul called after a shot is blocked? I'm not saying it's right or wrong either way, but that is rarely called, on any level. 

23 hours ago, mcpapa said:

They had the second or third best team in the state. Just happened to draw Mason County in the first round, and gave them all they wanted.  

I remember when that game was over, a friend said to me, "That was the Sweet 16 Championship game."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I think leaving out that the shot was blocked is to exclude a big part of the play. How often is a foul called after a shot is blocked? I'm not saying it's right or wrong either way, but that is rarely called, on any level. 

If you run over a guy, even after blocking a shot, the foul should be called.  A foul is a foul, no matter when it occurs.  Do I fault the refs, absolutely not, CCH had opportunities to build on their lead to end the game and didn't execute.  

21 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

If you run over a guy, even after blocking a shot, the foul should be called.  A foul is a foul, no matter when it occurs.  Do I fault the refs, absolutely not, CCH had opportunities to build on their lead to end the game and didn't execute.  

Watch the Video....I agree that a Foul is a Foul. But Vieth left 2 CCH players to go to Defend the CCH player. Vieth came a long way to block that shot. A simple Vinson like read would of been to dump the Ball to the open CCH player under the Basket for the easy Basket. Game Over!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

I hear you. I just rarely see fouls called after a blocked shot, so I wonder if that contributed to the no call.