Kentucky Basketball 2021/22

11 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Hardy is the type of kid that I am talking about.  I don't think Collins or Washington are that caliber of player.

I don't think they are comparable to Fox & Monk. Wall & Cousins, MKG & Davis, Randle, Towns, Murray, etc.  I think Hardy does more closely compare to those guys. 

But here's to hoping they exceed expectations, ala Booker, SGA, Herro, etc.

Here is the thing. If UK was going to be a team filled mostly with Freshman again. Then you absolutely would be right, they would need probably one or two top five recruits. However, this team is not going to be short on experience, to where they would need to rely on simply having that absolute stud incoming freshman. Yet they  still have two freshman who are thought of being lottery type. Then Jackson if he does return, he legit could be a top 5 pick next year. That is not even including the top transfers they just got, and the returning players they have in Allen, Toppin, Ware, and possibly Brooks and Mintz. 

To me honestly Jackson returning would be HUGE. As mentioned he had a chance to be a top 5 possible pick next year if he stays. If he comes back, I think he will end up in contention for not only player of the year in the SEC, but all of college basketball. I fully expect him to breakout next year if he returns. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

My concern is who do you give the ball to and say, "Go get a bucket."  I think Championship teams need a guy like that, but I don't see one here.  Granted, I only know what scouts have written about some of them.

Tyty, and transfer Grady are two guys right off the bat who would be guys who most likely fit that description. Then two other guys if they return Mintz and Jackson. Mintz has shown he is a clutch shot maker already. Then as I already stated, I truly believe Jackson will be one of the best players in college basketball next season if he returns. 

Then even with that, they simply should have guys this year who are better at getting in the lane. Having a guy who can get in the lane, also frees up shooters for that big shot like Allen or Fredrick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Here is the thing. If UK was going to be a team filled mostly with Freshman again. Then you absolutely would be right, they would need probably one or two top five recruits. However, this team is not going to be short on experience, to where they would need to rely on simply having that absolute stud incoming freshman. Yet they  still have two freshman who are thought of being lottery type. Then Jackson if he does return, he legit could be a top 5 pick next year. That is not even including the top transfers they just got, and the returning players they have in Allen, Toppin, Ware, and possibly Brooks and Mintz. 

To me honestly Jackson returning would be HUGE. As mentioned he had a chance to be a top 5 possible pick next year if he stays. If he comes back, I think he will end up in contention for not only player of the year in the SEC, but all of college basketball. I fully expect him to breakout next year if he returns. 

The big positive I see with next year's team is an ability to spread the floor because of shooters.  We really missed that this past season big-time.  

I would love to see Jackson come back.  I don't think he will, but I'd love to see it.  Especially if he can learn to stay on the floor.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

The big positive I see with next year's team is an ability to spread the floor because of shooters.  We really missed that this past season big-time.  

I would love to see Jackson come back.  I don't think he will, but I'd love to see it.  Especially if he can learn to stay on the floor.  

Him learning how to stay out of foul trouble definitely would be key if he came back. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Has the SEC made an announcement about their transfer rule yet?  I quick paying attention when the Auburn born UK player chose elsewhere.

Not yet, SEC presidents will vote on the intra-conference transfer rule on June 3.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Not yet, SEC presidents will vote on the intra-conference transfer rule on June 3.

Heaven forbid they choose to expedite a decision that can dramatically impact a "student-athlete's" life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

UK now Up to 10 Confirmed Scholarships for next season. With Brooks that's 11  and Mintz would be 12 if he came back.

Jackson would make 13. Buzz picking up that Jackson may come back. We can only hope he does.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Jackson would make 13. Buzz picking up that Jackson may come back. We can only hope he does.

From what I understand is Jackson plans to go if he's a guaranteed lottery pick. Imo I don't think Jackson will be back.