Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2021/22

Featured Replies

On 5/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, nikeman49 said:

How many have signed on the dotted line?

We getting closer yet?

  • Replies 283
  • Views 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Let's get ahead of the curve. Here is a preview of future posts: "Cal missed out on another one." "Cal just doesn't have it anymore." "Yes, Cal got that guy but what about the other one

  • This is not making sense. We are told only UK players transfer!   

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    Making a big assumption that Frederick choosing to transfer to KY but I'd say many would like the look of this:

Posted Images

Sahvir Wheeler the Georgia Transfer Could be next.

Roster so far

Daimion Collins- incoming frosh
Bryce Hopkins- incoming frosh
Kellan Grady-grad transfer in from Davidson
Oscar Tshiebwe- Transfer in from wva
Ty Ty Washington- Incoming frosh
CJ Fredrick- Transfer in from Iowa
Dontaie Allen-back
Lance Ware-back
Jacob  Toppin-back

 

Kentucky is Waiting on Brooks and Mintz to Decide if they're coming back.

9 Scholorships confirmed to be in use so far next year. I had heard Cal might try to use 12 this year. In College D1 Mens Basketball you get 13 total. In Womens basketball they get 15.

28 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Roster so far

Daimion Collins- incoming frosh
Bryce Hopkins- incoming frosh
Kellan Grady-grad transfer in from Davidson
Oscar Tshiebwe- Transfer in from wva
Ty Ty Washington- Incoming frosh
CJ Fredrick- Transfer in from Iowa
Dontaie Allen-back
Lance Ware-back
Jacob  Toppin-back

 

Kentucky is Waiting on Brooks and Mintz to Decide if they're coming back.

9 Scholorships confirmed to be in use so far next year. I had heard Cal might try to use 12 this year. In College D1 Mens Basketball you get 13 total. In Womens basketball they get 15.

Brooks has not said anything about transferring or the draft. So unless he eventually says otherwise, then may as well assume he is on the team. He is even working out with teammates still too. 

On 5/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, nikeman49 said:

How many have signed on the dotted line?

 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:02 AM, nikeman49 said:

I think kids are really seeing the light as far as Ky basketball is concerned. Who wants to be screamed at constantly and then be labeled as the point guard or any other position that failed his team because Cal will take no credit for the team downfall. Don’t blame these kids for staying away. Who wants to be thrown under the bus?

 

On 5/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, nikeman49 said:

I have eyes and ears and see transfers and keep up with signings, that’s all it takes to recognize the situation.

 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:07 PM, nikeman49 said:

That’s just one player, when several players start knocking on the door and showing interest, then I could say different.

Hmmm these post aren’t aging well for you. I guess players aren’t truly staying away. A few of the top grad transfers are now at UK. Now one of the top PGs has signed to come too. So I guess the whole kids are wanting to stay away comment is really working out well for you here. Just more goes with you’re typical complain and just throw things out there to complain. 

5 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Brooks has not said anything about transferring or the draft. So unless he eventually says otherwise, then may as well assume he is on the team. He is even working out with teammates still too. 

I was just posting the for sure Roster as of now. Brooks hasn't said  one way or another just like Mintz thats why I said 9 confirmed and not 10. I assume brooks is coming back but I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch.

If Brooks Comes back that would be 10 and Mintz would make 11. Like I said I have heard Cal wants 12 on the roster but we'll  see how that plays out.

5 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I was just posting the for sure Roster as of now. Brooks hasn't said  one way or another just like Mintz thats why I said 9 confirmed and not 10. I assume brooks is coming back but I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch.

I get that we have gotten use to always having players leave. However, players don’t actually have to say they are coming back. They usually are back unless they say otherwise. Point is he really doesn’t have to say he is coming back. He really will only probably say something if he decides to leave. 
 

IMO he is back and is planning on coming back, and the only way he leaves is if Jackson comes back. Since if Jackson comes back, it creates a log jam with post players. 

11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

 

 

 

Hmmm these post aren’t aging well for you. I guess players aren’t truly staying away. A few of the top grad transfers are now at UK. Now one of the top PGs has signed to come too. So I guess the whole kids are wanting to stay away comment is really working out well for you here. Just more goes with you’re typical complain and just throw things out there to complain. 

There has been a couple of decent transfers and a couple decent high school commitments but nothing to shout about.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

There has been a couple of decent transfers and a couple decent high school commitments but nothing to shout about.

It's a rarity, but I agree with you on this.  Adding Washington yesterday is important, but this roster does not appear overly impressive to me. 

59 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

It's a rarity, but I agree with you on this.  Adding Washington yesterday is important, but this roster does not appear overly impressive to me. 

That wasn't his argument or complaint.  It was that kids, especially at the PG position don't want to come and play for Calipari, which is just blatantly not true as seen by this signing and when he probably signs another guard transfer.

Now if we want to talk about the makeup of this roster and whether it would be good or not, that's a whole other conversation.

4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I get that we have gotten use to always having players leave. However, players don’t actually have to say they are coming back. They usually are back unless they say otherwise. Point is he really doesn’t have to say he is coming back. He really will only probably say something if he decides to leave. 
 

IMO he is back and is planning on coming back, and the only way he leaves is if Jackson comes back. Since if Jackson comes back, it creates a log jam with post players. 

In the past Most of the players have at least posted that they are returning or leaving. Ware did and Toppin did. Brooks might be an exception but most players say one way or the other.

5 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

That wasn't his argument or complaint.  It was that kids, especially at the PG position don't want to come and play for Calipari, which is just blatantly not true as seen by this signing and when he probably signs another guard transfer.

Now if we want to talk about the makeup of this roster and whether it would be good or not, that's a whole other conversation.

I said PG and all other positions in my post. So we are talking about overall signings and roster so again it is nothing to boast about.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

I said PG and all other positions in my post. So we are talking about overall signings and roster so again it is nothing to boast about.

You said players didn't want to come play for him cause he would turn them into a scapegoat and top talent isn't interested and yet he just signed a top PG.

You were wrong. Again. We're used to it.

 

20 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

You said players didn't want to come play for him cause he would turn them into a scapegoat and top talent isn't interested and yet he just signed a top PG.

You were wrong. Again. We're used to it.

 

What you aren’t used to is someone giving an opinion and not praising Ky while doing it, there are other college basketball teams in the nation other than Ky and  that is just the facts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.