Bengals Off Season

18 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Does this mean that the Bengals might pass on Sewell and go after Pitts, Chase or Smith?  Draft becomes more fun when you fill in spots via free agency beforehand.

Hopefully not. Reiff is 33 and if we want to keep Joe here I think we need to have protection for him for years to come. Even with Reiff I still think they draft Sewell if he is available and move either Sewell or Williams to G. I believe Whitworth started his career at G before moving to T.

1 hour ago, Tones said:

Hopefully not. Reiff is 33 and if we want to keep Joe here I think we need to have protection for him for years to come. Even with Reiff I still think they draft Sewell if he is available and move either Sewell or Williams to G. I believe Whitworth started his career at G before moving to T.

Whitworth was also a second round pick and was projected as being a guard in the NFL, as many didn’t think he could hold up at tackle in the NFL. So his situation is a little different than picking a tackle in the top 5, just to possibly move that player to guard. 

If the Bengals land Golladay at WR. I look for the Bengals to try to trade back, and then take Slater. Who is someone who has been talked about as a guard or tackle at the NFL level. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Bengals did what a lot of everybody expected, they've let Geno go.  Dude was just a flat out stud for us for several years. I wish him well, wherever he ends up (unless it's the Steelers or Ravens).

Thanks Geno!

Love Geno and I wish him all the best, he was an amazing player for us. 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Bengals did what a lot of everybody expected, they've let Geno go.  Dude was just a flat out stud for us for several years. I wish him well, wherever he ends up (unless it's the Steelers or Ravens).

Thanks Geno!

Agree. Thanks for everything and best wishes to Geno. An all time Bengals great.

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Whitworth was also a second round pick and was projected as being a guard in the NFL, as many didn’t think he could hold up at tackle in the NFL. So his situation is a little different than picking a tackle in the top 5, just to possibly move that player to guard. 

If the Bengals land Golladay at WR. I look for the Bengals to try to trade back, and then take Slater. Who is someone who has been talked about as a guard or tackle at the NFL level. 

If they add Golladay, I think that is even more reason to stay put at number 5. Why move back when you need studs more than bodies? I want a multi time all pro stud on this roster and you need to be high in the draft to improve the odds you get that.  It would take a big package including for me to even consider moving back in the draft.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

If they add Golladay, I think that is even more reason to stay put at number 5. Why move back when you need studs more than bodies? I want a multi time all pro stud on this roster and you need to be high in the draft to improve the odds you get that.  It would take a big package including for me to even consider moving back in the draft.

If an All Pro Caliber tackle is available when the Bengals pick I take him period.  

• Like 2