Bengals Off Season

21 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

Ha, ha...keep sipping the Bengals Kool-Aid, Mikey likes your kind.  The Bengals do a lot of losing, so I think you just hit the nail on the head, it happens to teams who don't win and that is the Bengals.  They got a good one in Burrow, hope they don't throw all that talent down the drain like they have with a many of their players.  

Haha I always love the drinking the Kool Aid line, people like to say to others. When people may not have the cranky old man, get off my lawn, complain about everything mindset. If someone doesn’t complain about something, then it cause they are drinking the Kool Aid. I just always find that line people like you like to use funny. 😂🤣

• Haha 1

It looks like we are down to Chase or Sewell.  I think there are good arguments for either 1. For me, I lean towards Sewell.  In the hierarchy of building a team I think offensive tackle is number 2 behind quarterback.  If you look at the successful runs for the Bengals franchise, they all had a hall of fame caliber tackle on the team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Bengals have signed TE Thaddeus Moss.  Did they sign him to somewhat appease Burrow, knowing that they're not going to be drafting another former LSU teammate in Chase?

8 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

And does that mean Pitts is out for them, too?

The goal is to fill all the holes on your roster before the draft and get yourself positioned to take the best player available.

Looks like Giovanni Bernard had quite a few teams interested in him.  Chiefs, 49'ers and Seahawks all came in second to playing with Tom Brady.  Gio signs a one year deal with the Bucs.  I wish him well.

Much like when Burkhead when to New England, I can sooooooooo see Gio coming out of the backfield catching a swing pass from Brady.

• Like 1

As I think more about it, I am leaning Pitts over Chase. I still want Sewell. If he isn't there, I say take Pitts. Get a player who can be a dominant game changer. 

I hear and read comments about the depth of offensive linemen in this draft. I believe that is a non factor when you are picking #5. At #5, you have a chance to get a dominant multi year all pro type player. So what if there are 10 quality offensive tackles available? They all might turn out to be starters in the NFL but none of them are nearly as good a prospect as Sewell.

• Like 1

Bengals new uniforms will be revealed on Monday, April 19.  A new 7 minute video "Evolution of the Bengals Uniform" is on their website.  It show the various uniforms over the years along with footage of players who have worn them.

https://www.bengals.com/news/how-the-bengals-matched-their-stripes-with-their-starshttps://www.bengals.com/news/how-the-bengals-matched-their-stripes-with-their-stars