Bengals Off Season

This is going to be a very interesting off season for the Bengals. They have never been much on free agents. However, this year they have a lot of cash available and because of salary cap issues there will be a lot of talent available in free agency. If the Bengals don't sign some high quality free agents this year they never will.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

They brought in a lot last year, which has been rare.  This year, they really need to bring in a proven OL or two.  That will allow them to have more options in the draft.

I agree. Reader and the 2 DB's were more aggressive than we have seen in free agency by the Bengals. That is why this off season is going to be so interesting.   

4 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it here too.  With the quality of people that are being released right now, and the number of teams that are looking for a quarterback, I think the Bengals will trade back in the draft now.

It is nice to have options.

Who Dey!

Tones Wish List:

Re-sign William Jackson III

Re-sign Carl Lawson

Cut Geno (Thanks for your years of service)

Sign a G (Thuney and/or Zeitler)

Sign a WR 

Depending on FA, draft Sewell, Chase, or trade back.

26 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it here too.  With the quality of people that are being released right now, and the number of teams that are looking for a quarterback, I think the Bengals will trade back in the draft now.

I think the opposite is true. Because there should be many quality proven players available, the Bengals don't need to trade back to add bodies. They can add quality bodies through free agency to fill holes.  I absolutely do not want to see the Bengals trade back. In general, a proven player in free agency is better than a roll of dice on a draft pick.

To be a winning team in the NFL you need at least 3,4, 5 studs who are difference makers on a weekly basis. It  is much harder to find that stud when you're late in the draft. The Bengals need to stay at 5 and get a stud pro bowl level player that you can build a winning team around.

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

Curious why we have 4 QB still on the roster?  Specifically, why is Finley still there now that we resigned Allen?  The cap hit for him is another $1M.

With Burrows' injury situation I would be very surprised if the Bengals entered training camp with only 3 quarterbacks including Burrow.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

With Burrows' injury situation I would be very surprised if the Bengals entered training camp with only 3 quarterbacks including Burrow.

I understand you on that, but I'm hearing that Burrow is targeting a Week 1 start.  I would think that if things were uncertain about Burrow closer to training camp, the Bengals would sign a 4th quarter again from somewhere.  I'm thinking that extra $1M for dropping Finley could give help more with the signing of quality free agents.

4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Good to see the Bengals are off to a good start in free agency.  As usual team making moves and Mike sitting on his wallet.

He’s just waiting on the leftovers.

Reports are out that Lawson is signing with the Jets.