Bengals Off Season

Just now, CincySportsFan said:

Bengals have signed CB Eli Apple from the Saints.

I wonder if Vonn Bell had anything to do with this signing.  They were both at Ohio State at the same time, and I think played a year together in New Orleans.

Is that our 3rd FA CB?

19 hours ago, theguru said:

Does Hannigan have any gas left in the tank?

Well....Ryan Hannigan (as I originally posted) is pushing 40...and is a catcher.  So, not sure what he's got left in the tank.

Ryan KERRIGAN (whom I meant to say)...is 32.  He's had 11 sacks over the past 2 years, but played in just 38% of Washington's defensive snaps, which is the lowest of his career.  I'd say it's worth a flyer on him.  Even in situational usage, he'd give you another guy to put out there.  I think the Bengals D-line was the best several years ago when they could go 6 or 7 deep and keep fresh bodies rotating in there.

As to Kerrigan's availability, the longer this goes on, the more I feel he's not coming.  There was always speculation that he could re-sign with Washington.  Now I'm seeing that the Giants may be interested in him as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Well....Ryan Hannigan (as I originally posted) is pushing 40...and is a catcher.  So, not sure what he's got left in the tank.

Ryan KERRIGAN (whom I meant to say)...is 32.  He's had 11 sacks over the past 2 years, but played in just 38% of Washington's defensive snaps, which is the lowest of his career.  I'd say it's worth a flyer on him.  Even in situational usage, he'd give you another guy to put out there.  I think the Bengals D-line was the best several years ago when they could go 6 or 7 deep and keep fresh bodies rotating in there.

As to Kerrigan's availability, the longer this goes on, the more I feel he's not coming.  There was always speculation that he could re-sign with Washington.  Now I'm seeing that the Giants may be interested in him as well.

My eyes came out of my head when you said that.  LOL

I agree on depth but this would have to be one of those vet minimum deals or I wouldn't be too interested. 

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

My eyes came out of my head when you said that.  LOL

I agree on depth but this would have to be one of those vet minimum deals or I wouldn't be too interested. 

My guess is that they've only offered a 1-year deal, which is why he's probably still looking for a better deal.

Read an article today that says the Bengals may be looking at LaTech DT Milton Williams in the draft, who's supposed to be some sort of physical freak based upon his pro day.  Article said they could take him in the 3rd round.

• Thanks 1