Louisville 80 Duke 73 OT

16thBBall Fan

10 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

Some analysts think he is the most valuable player in the ACC.     I would say he means more to his team than any other player means to his respective team.

Could be player of year in two conferences. Not sure if that has ever been done before.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Seems like Chris Mack owns Coach K.  Someone might need to fact check me on this, but I was told yesterday that Chris Mack is the first coach to ever beat Coach K three games in a row.

My gut reaction was no way that this is true, and since I'm a bit of a nerd I did a little research to see if I could disprove it.   I skipped his Army years as my the site I choose from my initial Google search didn't seem to have their schedule readily available, so I started with his first year at Duke 80-81 and it didn't take long to confirm that my gut reaction was correct.  

Wake Forest, coached by Carl Tacy won the first 8 games they played against Coach K's Duke teams beginning on 1-14-81 until Coach K finally beat him in overtime on 2-18-84.  

Also during this time Dean Smith's North Carolina teams beat Coach K 6 games in a row beginning on 1-16-82 until the streak was snapped on 3-10-84 in the ACC tournament.  

I'd bet there are others if somebody fully researched this.  

16 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

My gut reaction was no way that this is true, and since I'm a bit of a nerd I did a little research to see if I could disprove it.   I skipped his Army years as my the site I choose from my initial Google search didn't seem to have their schedule readily available, so I started with his first year at Duke 80-81 and it didn't take long to confirm that my gut reaction was correct.  

Wake Forest, coached by Carl Tacy won the first 8 games they played against Coach K's Duke teams beginning on 1-14-81 until Coach K finally beat him in overtime on 2-18-84.  

Also during this time Dean Smith's North Carolina teams beat Coach K 6 games in a row beginning on 1-16-82 until the streak was snapped on 3-10-84 in the ACC tournament.  

I'd bet there are others if somebody fully researched this.  

Haha that's hilarious.  Well, if you knew the Mr. Know It All regular at the brewery it would be hilarious.  Sorry for sharing fake news.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Haha that's hilarious.  Well, if you knew the Mr. Know It All regular at the brewery it would be hilarious.  Sorry for sharing fake news.

No worries, that guy is at every bar. 😂

• Like 1