Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
16thBBall Fan

Florida 71 Kentucky 67

Recommended Posts

Well it doesn’t change much. Still comes down to the SEC tournament. Would have been nice to win though, and had their chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big advantage at the charity stripe was almost enough to overcome 6 assists and 15 turnovers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, add it to the list of close losses.  It's disappointing - I hate Kentucky losing to Florida in anything.  But they simply did not execute in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Brad Nessler the announce was watching a different game than everyone else his last statement was Kentucky gets a season split and his last sentence was "Kentucky wins it" lol I even went back and replayed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a 22 footer by Sarr the only play that Cal can come up with? And that’s after a timeout down two with a few seconds left. The pick and pop is very easy to defend with just a simple switch, so everybody knows what’s coming!! Surely the hall of famer is better than that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just not good enough. With Jackson in foul trouble the whole game that meant too many minutes relying on Sarr for some inside work. My only criticism of Cal in this one is he should have put Ware on the floor for a few minutes to see if he could help. Florida outmuscled UK inside the whole game.

At the end, Mintz couldn't get the big shots to fall in the final minutes. Boston and Toppin couldn't get shots. Just not enough complete players. Sarr and Askew give away a play then make a play. This team is so much better than they were a month ago but they just don't have enough players this year with Clarke moving his focus on to the NBA. I really believe with him playing UK would have 5 more wins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Is a 22 footer by Sarr the only play that Cal can come up with? And that’s after a timeout down two with a few seconds left. The pick and pop is very easy to defend with just a simple switch, so everybody knows what’s coming!! Surely the hall of famer is better than that!

You do know that is not what Cal drew up, don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The move to the zone for Florida was obviously the difference. Askew (played horribly) could never get the offense commanded and UK went stagnant from then on.

The team goes as Jackson goes. When he is on the court there is a different level of energy. Unfortunately he has not built up enough strength and ends up picking up unnecessary fouls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Just not good enough. With Jackson in foul trouble the whole game that meant too many minutes relying on Sarr for some inside work. My only criticism of Cal in this one is he should have put Ware on the floor for a few minutes to see if he could help. Florida outmuscled UK inside the whole game.

At the end, Mintz couldn't get the big shots to fall in the final minutes. Boston and Toppin couldn't get shots. Just not enough complete players. Sarr and Askew give away a play then make a play. This team is so much better than they were a month ago but they just don't have enough players this year with Clarke moving his focus on to the NBA. I really believe with him playing UK would have 5 more wins.

They did go 1-6 with and 7-8 without him.   So a lot of that would have depended on if he bought into things and improved as well.  Because he was mostly awful in the games that he did play in: 43% field goal percentage,  22.7% from 3 and 47% from the line.   His floor game wasn't much better 13 assists to 21 turnovers and only 3 rebounds per game.   Perhaps he would have proven very coachable and made huge strides.  But it would have taken a massive improvement.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With today’s results, Kentucky’s lead in all-time wins is down to six over Kansas. They really might lose the entire lead this season. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

They did go 1-6 with and 7-8 without him.   So a lot of that would have depended on if he bought into things and improved as well.  Because he was mostly awful in the games that he did play in: 43% field goal percentage,  22.7% from 3 and 47% from the line.   His floor game wasn't much better 13 assists to 21 turnovers and only 3 rebounds per game.   Perhaps he would have proven very coachable and made huge strides.  But it would have taken a massive improvement.  

This whole team was awful until the last couple weeks. He would have improved just like the rest of the team, except Clarke is a first round draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Terrible loss. Cats don’t play very well as a team and aren’t coached well either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bugatti said:

You do know that is not what Cal drew up, don't you?

Yes, the very predictable play he drew up was a simple pick and roll that Fla switched on easily because the whole world knew what was coming, then another 22 footer from Sarr that has failed too many times to mention this season, what about something to the rim so at least a potential foul with free throw possibilities? They had lived on the line the entire game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.