Holy Cross 89 Walton Verona 76

Holy Cross (5-3), who two days ago just squeaked past the Newport Wildcats by 2 points, travelled to Walton Saturday afternoon to take on the now (7-3) Walton Verona Bearcats who also two days ago took a 37 point beating by the hands of the almighty Covington Catholic Colonels. 

This was a hard fought game where the Holy Cross Indians got out on top first, and pretty much carried basically a 10 point game throughout, but the Bearcats kept battling, and on two separate occasions late in the game managed to cut it to 4, and once again to 3, but every time the Indians answered, pushing the lead on both occasions back to the 10 point range again.  

Jacob Meyer for Holy Cross had what I’d guess, without the benefit of seeing the final stats, probably somewhere near 40 points. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Holy Cross (5-3), who two days ago just squeaked past the Newport Wildcats by 2 points, travelled to Walton Saturday afternoon to take on the now (7-3) Walton Verona Bearcats who also two days ago took a 37 point beating by the hands of the almighty Covington Catholic Colonels. 

This was a hard fought game where the Holy Cross Indians got out on top first, and pretty much carried basically a 10 point game throughout, but the Bearcats kept battling, and on two separate occasions late in the game managed to cut it to 4, and once again to 3, but every time the Indians answered, pushing the lead on both occasions back to the 10 point range again.  

Jacob Meyer for Holy Cross had what I’d guess, without the benefit of seeing the final stats, probably somewhere near 40 points. 

This game wouldn’t have been this close, but HC kept fouling and letting them back in. Still not seeing good movement of the ball with HC. They have the ability to be really good. All thats needed to make a run; speed, athleticism and shooting ability. They have a player shooting nearly 60% from three, he hit three of those in the first and didn’t touch the ball again until near halftime. Don’t understand that. To get out of their district they have to trust each other. We>Me

3 hours ago, PaulBlart said:

This game wouldn’t have been this close, but HC kept fouling and letting them back in. Still not seeing good movement of the ball with HC. They have the ability to be really good. All thats needed to make a run; speed, athleticism and shooting ability. They have a player shooting nearly 60% from three, he hit three of those in the first and didn’t touch the ball again until near halftime. Don’t understand that. To get out of their district they have to trust each other. We>Me

Welcome to BGP @PaulBlart!