Auburn 66 Kentucky 59

16thBBall Fan

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Sarr has had his troubles. However, part of the problem is that this team has to be the worst team in the country with entry passes into the post. They either won’t throw it when he has position. Or they make a horrible pass, when they do. 

Agree but a big part of that too is how soft Sarr is and doesn't hold his defender very well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They problem is that their 5 star players and big time transfer just aren't that good.

I think the problem is obvious, the young talent doesn’t have anyone to with experience to show them the ropes, and jus think how many exhibition games they missed out on yo really gel together. This team is really a div II. Team wearing Kentucky uniforms.

6 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

I think the problem is obvious, the young talent doesn’t have anyone to with experience to show them the ropes, and jus think how many exhibition games they missed out on yo really gel together. This team is really a div II. Team wearing Kentucky uniforms.

Assuming you mean showing them the ropes at Kentucky? I was looking forward to the two grad transfers. I think Mintz lived up to my expectations but Sarr hasn't. 

I do think missing the exhibitions hurt this team.

8 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Cal bet on the wrong horse in Askew.  He's not ready to play the point and they have no one else capable of doing it.   Askew should have stayed in high school this year.   

Here's your season in a nutshell:

Kentucky on the season--133 assists/182 turnovers. 

Kentucky's opponents--150 assists/153 turnovers. 

• Like 1

Yeah that comment on why Allen didn’t play more is indefensible. I have been on (and remain on) the Cal train, but there’s a few things where he needs to start showing some commitment to Kentucky. I appreciate and applaud his dedication to his players in helping them reach the next level. But you do have to win as well. You can’t be so blatant about basically saying you’re worried about something other than winning in that spot. This was a game then needed. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Cal bet on the wrong horse in Askew.  He's not ready to play the point and they have no one else capable of doing it.   Askew should have stayed in high school this year.   

Here's your season in a nutshell:

Kentucky on the season--133 assists/182 turnovers. 

Kentucky's opponents--150 assists/153 turnovers. 

7 assists and 18 turnovers today.  Sound familiar?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

They're just young and inexperienced.   Cal always has them playing their best in March and makes a deep run.   When Brooks gets back to full speed and we get Clarke back running the point we'll take off.... Trust the process.  

Hey credit to you all, this will be the first year you all were right, and can finally mock people for saying that. It took you all awhile, but you finally have a year where you can mock people for saying that. Congrats on finally getting to be right on it. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Screenshot_20210116-174527_Twitter.jpg

Yeah that is not good at all. Cal has always talked about you have to earn what you get. Allen and Toppin definitely earned the chance to start the second half and not be benched for not performing. 

Im not sure why he is so stuck on Boston. In the past if a five star truly wasn’t performing, he was able to move on from playing them much. He moved Skal out of the lineup and started not playing him much. Two years ago he moved on from playing Quade Green as much, then last year same with Whitney. So I have no idea why he is being so bull headed this time around with  Boston. Maybe he doesn’t want him to transfer or leave the program. However, he can’t worry about that. He is not performing, guys like Allen and Toppin right now are performing better. 

17 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Yeah that is not good at all. Cal has always talked about you have to earn what you get. Allen and Toppin definitely earned the chance to start the second half and not be benched for not performing. 

Im not sure why he is so stuck on Boston. In the past if a five star truly wasn’t performing, he was able to move on from playing them much. He moved Skal out of the lineup and started not playing him much. Two years ago he moved on from playing Quade Green as much, then last year same with Whitney. So I have no idea why he is being so bull headed this time around with  Boston. Maybe he doesn’t want him to transfer or leave the program. However, he can’t worry about that. He is not performing, guys like Allen and Toppin right now are performing better. 

Oh boy...