Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 66 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

Final a game the Cats needed to win. Auburn is not very good at all. That being said neither is Kentucky.?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Blah.

Glad we got NFL playoffs to help wash that down.

Very true MJ! You just made me feel a lot better.

  • Author

Here is a very interesting stat. If Duke drops out of the top 25 (they should but probably won't) it would mark the first time since 1961 that neither Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky has been ranked.

I have defended  Cal a lot. However, I must say he doesn’t seem to have any idea with this team on what his rotation is, or what lineups he likes. There really is no rhyme or reason for some of his sub patterns, and lineups he uses. Which probably plays a big part on why this team struggles every game offensively. 
 

Today Allen played 2 minutes in the first 13 minutes of the second half. Jackson who is their best shot blocker, played only a couple of minutes the whole second half. 
 

I know this team really seems to have a lot of players basically at the same level. Where none of them have really separated themselves from each other. Which seems to have caused Cal to have no idea on what rotations he wants to use this year. 
 

I honestly think he may be better off just platooning at this point. Split them up the best you can to make two units of five. Have them practice together the whole time. Then legit just sub five for five. If one unit gets hot, then keep them in longer. 
 

Right now the constant mixing and matching of lineups, just isn’t working at all. This team has had no flow at all offensively all year. 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I have defended  Cal a lot. However, I must say he doesn’t seem to have any idea with this team on what his rotation is, or what lineups he likes. There really is no rhyme or reason for some of his sub patterns, and lineups he uses. Which probably plays a big part on why this team struggles every game offensively. 
 

Today Allen played 2 minutes in the first 13 minutes of the second half. Jackson who is their best shot blocker, played only a couple of minutes the whole second half. 
 

I know this team really seems to have a lot of players basically at the same level. Where none of them have really separated themselves from each other. Which seems to have caused Cal to have no idea on what rotations he wants to use this year. 
 

I honestly think he may be better off just platooning at this point. Split them up the best you can to make two units of five. Have them practice together the whole time. Then legit just sub five for five. If one unit gets hot, then keep them in longer. 
 

Right now the constant mixing and matching of lineups, just isn’t working at all. This team has had no flow at all offensively all year. 

I will agree FC!!  To be honest this team is just not very talented but Cal has not done a good coaching them.  He looks like he’s about to have a stroke!!

I don’t know what the problem is. Could it be that they’re missing Kenny Payne?

Just now, blue4sure said:

I don’t know what the problem is. Could it be that they’re missing Kenny Payne?

They problem is that their 5 star players and big time transfer just aren't that good.

I like Askew though. Just wish he would knock down the wide open three a little more consistently.

I'm glad Bruce Pearl has decided to lay off the suits. Watching him consistently sweat through them every game was gross.

8 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They problem is that their 5 star players and big time transfer just aren't that good.

Sarr has had his troubles. However, part of the problem is that this team has to be the worst team in the country with entry passes into the post. They either won’t throw it when he has position. Or they make a horrible pass, when they do. 

  • Author

Kenpom has us finishing at 11-14, that might too high!!

I’ve been holding out some hope for a turnaround, but today’s game was pretty shattering. 

What would be wrong with playing Allen and Mintz together and have them taking about 50% of the shots? This is the only way Ky has success offensively.

  • Author

WOW!!!  Just WOW!!!  Cal’s answer to a question is flooding Twitter!!!  Don’t blame them!!!  As a former coach I always thought (AND Cal has said many times!!) THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU EARN!!!  Cal obviously not doing that right now!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.