Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)

Who wins? 62 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 10:52 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I do respect you 94. You are easily the best X poster on here.  You do treat Trinity with fairness. I meant no disrespect to you.  Let’s hope for good weather 

  • Replies 226
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    I’m very respectful of Trinity and I’ll leave it at that. 

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    Anniversary of greatest game in KY HS history.  

  • I do respect you 94. You are easily the best X poster on here.  You do treat Trinity with fairness. I meant no disrespect to you.  Let’s hope for good weather 

Posted Images

  • Author
6 minutes ago, SHAMROCK69 said:

I do respect you 94. You are easily the best X poster on here.  You do treat Trinity with fairness. I meant no disrespect to you.  Let’s hope for good weather 

Thanks! Good weather and no injuries.

I've got to say - that I sincerely doubt that many on here would admit to have expected

X to have gotten this far and play in the STATE SEMI-FINAS .

Congrats to on that feat alone.

Hope and prayers the insidious virus stays away and allows the game to be played.

2 hours ago, SHAMROCK69 said:

X camp already making excuses and saying wait until next year. Been reading that on here since 2009.  Sooner or later it may happen.  Go Rocks!!!!

I just hope the Tigers have the courage to get on the bus and head to St. Matthews on Friday. The Rocks are pretty scary. 

I think both teams showed who they are this week. 

Trinity- 45

St. X- 7

  • Author

Calpreps rankings have updated and now have Male at #2 with 38.8 and St.X #3 at 38.7. They also dropped Trinity’s national rating from 38 to 41. Must have been some other games around the country on Saturday that changed things. I wanted to update since different from original post. Not much difference so really just splitting hairs.

Trinity by a whole bunch.

 

T: 55

X: 10

On 12/5/2020 at 12:10 PM, Footballfan16 said:

Running clock before halftime 

That is extremely unlikely, IMO. 

  • Author

Anniversary of greatest game in KY HS history.

 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, Voice of Reason said:

The smallest margin of victory for Trinity this year is a 29 point win over Male. Enough said.

I agree with Purple88. Trinity is ranked too low at #38 in the nation.

Maxpreps has Trinity at #12.  I think that's more of a fair ranking.  Good for St. X for getting to this point.  I just think Trinity is a step or two above anyone in KY.  35-10 with a good showing from the tigers in the first half. 

St. X's defense played well in the first meeting, they just didn't play well in the other three phases and that's how the game got so out of hand so quickly. The Tiger defense has played well the last two weeks and obviously the style they'll see Friday will be different, but they're playing with a lot of confidence. If St. X has the penalties like they did against Manual and the turnovers like they did against North Hardin it will be a running clock in the second half. Offensively for the Tigers, they can't get away from running the ball early. Getting 2 or 3 yards against this Trinity defense is a good thing; they just can't become predictable and allow Trinity's defense to pin their ears back and get after whoever the QB is for St. X on Friday. If the Tigers can hit the flats and roll the pocket rather than just drop back passes they'll probably find more success than they did in the first matchup against Trinity. Tough task, and I'm not sure if any team this year can keep it close with Trinity, but there's only one way to find out...show up Friday and make sure to do the little things right, and that probably won't even be enough. 

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you LTR. If we are unable to throw at all, it will be along night for the Tigers. Glad they got here. Losing first 2 QBs a killer, but maybe wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

The good thing with Mekhi at QB is the best player is going to touch the ball every play, the bad part is you become predictable. Maybe Coach Wallace will bring out some plays from his triple option days. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.