Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)

Who wins?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 10:52 AM

2 hours ago, SHAMROCK69 said:

X camp already making excuses and saying wait until next year. Been reading that on here since 2009.  Sooner or later it may happen.  Go Rocks!!!!

I just hope the Tigers have the courage to get on the bus and head to St. Matthews on Friday. The Rocks are pretty scary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Calpreps rankings have updated and now have Male at #2 with 38.8 and St.X #3 at 38.7. They also dropped Trinity’s national rating from 38 to 41. Must have been some other games around the country on Saturday that changed things. I wanted to update since different from original post. Not much difference so really just splitting hairs.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, Voice of Reason said:

The smallest margin of victory for Trinity this year is a 29 point win over Male. Enough said.

I agree with Purple88. Trinity is ranked too low at #38 in the nation.

Maxpreps has Trinity at #12.  I think that's more of a fair ranking.  Good for St. X for getting to this point.  I just think Trinity is a step or two above anyone in KY.  35-10 with a good showing from the tigers in the first half. 

St. X's defense played well in the first meeting, they just didn't play well in the other three phases and that's how the game got so out of hand so quickly. The Tiger defense has played well the last two weeks and obviously the style they'll see Friday will be different, but they're playing with a lot of confidence. If St. X has the penalties like they did against Manual and the turnovers like they did against North Hardin it will be a running clock in the second half. Offensively for the Tigers, they can't get away from running the ball early. Getting 2 or 3 yards against this Trinity defense is a good thing; they just can't become predictable and allow Trinity's defense to pin their ears back and get after whoever the QB is for St. X on Friday. If the Tigers can hit the flats and roll the pocket rather than just drop back passes they'll probably find more success than they did in the first matchup against Trinity. Tough task, and I'm not sure if any team this year can keep it close with Trinity, but there's only one way to find out...show up Friday and make sure to do the little things right, and that probably won't even be enough. 

• mcpapa locked this topic