Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)

Who wins?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 10:52 AM

Trinity (8-0) will host St. Xavier (6-2) at 7:00 Friday. Trinity is comes into the game after crushing Dixie Heights 56-0. St. X comes in after defeating North Hardin 16-9. Earlier in the year, Trinity defeated St.X 48-10. Trinity is ranked #1 in 6A and # 38 nationally according to Calpreps. St.X is #2 but there is a large spread between the teams with Trinity’s rating 24 points higher than St.X. Trinity’s offense is clicking just as well as the defense. Can St.X slow Trinity any or do they roll into championship barely having sweat?

image.thumb.png.7ef1811201cd95e8a1c2baf91dd18417.png

• Thanks 1

I think the North Hardin game is a terrific win for St X, but this game isn't North Hardin.  I also think Trinity is better than #38 in the country.  I look for the score to be similar to the first game, but expect X to compete to the end.  Good luck to both teams!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

The smallest margin of victory for Trinity this year is a 29 point win over Male. Enough said.

I agree with Purple88. Trinity is ranked too low at #38 in the nation.

I think they would have been higher if Covid hadn’t torpedoed their schedule since couldn’t play out of state opponents. When they beat St.X and Male it will move them up some more.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Footballfan16 said:

Running clock before halftime 

St.X defense is good enough to keep it from running in 1st half. First meeting Trinity had 21 at half. But this is the reality, debate when a running clock could come rather than who wins.

St. X defense played well in the first meeting, they were just put in some very tough spots repeatidly and against Trinity that isn't going to end well for you. It will be interesting to see what St. X does with their offense this week; the key every week is to find ways to get the ball into Mekhi Smith's hands, which is easy to do if he's playing QB. But with that it completely eliminates a passing game. Coach Wallace and his offensive staff will definitly use this weekend to come up with the best way to mix up their scheme. 

• theguru changed the title to Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (Class 6A Semifinals)
3 minutes ago, SHAMROCK69 said:

I guess X has had bad data since 2009. First the Wofford experiment. Now Wallace has done no better after 3 years. No doubt the blind squirrel will eventually find that darn acorn. 

I’m very respectful of Trinity and I’ll leave it at that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• mcpapa locked this topic