Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)

Who wins? 62 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 10:52 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

So Giles will be playing? Not that he played great during the first meeting, but gives you something of a passing attack.

  • Replies 226
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    I’m very respectful of Trinity and I’ll leave it at that. 

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    Anniversary of greatest game in KY HS history.  

  • I do respect you 94. You are easily the best X poster on here.  You do treat Trinity with fairness. I meant no disrespect to you.  Let’s hope for good weather 

Posted Images

  • Author
41 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

So Giles will be playing? Not that he played great during the first meeting, but gives you something of a passing attack.

Still questionable so not sure. Guess we’ll find out Friday.

I feel like St Xavier is due for a upset against Trinity. 

Just now, El Diablo said:

I feel like St Xavier is due for a Trinity upset.

I do too but the difference in talent is too great this year.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I do too but the difference in talent is too great this year.

I would not disagree with El Diablo. The thing is you better upset the Rocks in the regular season cause it just doesn't happen that much in the playoffs. Outside of Dixie Heights I do not recall any times Trinity lost in the playoffs when they were clearly favored.  Especially under Beatty. Before him my memory gets a little fuzzy. 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I feel like St Xavier is due for a upset against Trinity. 

I would agree; but this Trinity team seems to be just that much better than everyone else this year. But I guess that's why they play the game. 

14 minutes ago, Rock85 said:

I would not disagree with El Diablo. The thing is you better upset the Rocks in the regular season cause it just doesn't happen that much in the playoffs. Outside of Dixie Heights I do not recall any times Trinity lost in the playoffs when they were clearly favored.  Especially under Beatty. Before him my memory gets a little fuzzy. 

I am thinking you are disagreeing with El Diablo. 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I would agree; but this Trinity team seems to be just that much better than everyone else this year. But I guess that's why they play the game. 

I know Trinity is filled with talent this year. It's just seems like it's been 20 years since X beat T in the playoffs. T is a heavy favorite, but it just feels so "for sure" and already written in the books.... it has to happen some year. There has to be a time T comes out flat and X plays their butts off? You can't tell me a school X's size doesn't have some great athletes. 

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I know Trinity is filled with talent this year. It's just seems like it's been 20 years since X beat T in the playoffs. T is a heavy favorite, but it just feels so "for sure" and already written in the books.... it has to happen some year. There has to be a time T comes out flat and X plays their butts off? You can't tell me a school X's size doesn't have some great athletes. 

I have a hard time envisioning the Trinity defense coming out flat and with that said no way X wins this one. 

  • Author
35 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have a hard time envisioning the Trinity defense coming out flat and with that said no way X wins this one. 

I agree. St.X top players are sophomores and juniors and even starting good freshman at LB and Trinity mostly all seniors so tall order. It’s amazing the depth they have in that senior class. In first game, St.X could only muster a FG out of offense and don’t see that changing much.

Coach Beatty is 11-1 against St. X in the playoffs and 24-9 over all.

In Beatty's tenure, there have  been 4 seasons where X beat T in the regular season but then T prevailed in a playoff game:

2005.......X 48-16 ... then T 14-6

2007........X 24-15...then T 34-28

2008........X 30-6...then T 28-24

2014.....X 15-8....then T 9-3.

All the playoff games have been tight.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

In Beatty's tenure, there have  been 4 seasons where X beat T in the regular season but then T prevailed in a playoff game:

2005.......X 48-16 ... then T 14-6

2007........X 24-15...then T 34-28

2008........X 30-6...then T 28-24

2014.....X 15-8....then T 9-3.

All the playoff games have been tight.

Shows how good Beatty is at preparing teams for playoffs.

In fairness to X, in 2005 starting QB Brent Curley went out with ankle sprain and a shot to the head. Played a soph and lost a lost of the offense, including Curley who did an excellent QB draw.

No upset this year. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.