Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)

Who wins?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 10:52 AM

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I do too but the difference in talent is too great this year.

I would not disagree with El Diablo. The thing is you better upset the Rocks in the regular season cause it just doesn't happen that much in the playoffs. Outside of Dixie Heights I do not recall any times Trinity lost in the playoffs when they were clearly favored.  Especially under Beatty. Before him my memory gets a little fuzzy. 

14 minutes ago, Rock85 said:

I would not disagree with El Diablo. The thing is you better upset the Rocks in the regular season cause it just doesn't happen that much in the playoffs. Outside of Dixie Heights I do not recall any times Trinity lost in the playoffs when they were clearly favored.  Especially under Beatty. Before him my memory gets a little fuzzy. 

I am thinking you are disagreeing with El Diablo. 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I would agree; but this Trinity team seems to be just that much better than everyone else this year. But I guess that's why they play the game. 

I know Trinity is filled with talent this year. It's just seems like it's been 20 years since X beat T in the playoffs. T is a heavy favorite, but it just feels so "for sure" and already written in the books.... it has to happen some year. There has to be a time T comes out flat and X plays their butts off? You can't tell me a school X's size doesn't have some great athletes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I know Trinity is filled with talent this year. It's just seems like it's been 20 years since X beat T in the playoffs. T is a heavy favorite, but it just feels so "for sure" and already written in the books.... it has to happen some year. There has to be a time T comes out flat and X plays their butts off? You can't tell me a school X's size doesn't have some great athletes. 

I have a hard time envisioning the Trinity defense coming out flat and with that said no way X wins this one. 

35 minutes ago, theguru said:

I have a hard time envisioning the Trinity defense coming out flat and with that said no way X wins this one. 

I agree. St.X top players are sophomores and juniors and even starting good freshman at LB and Trinity mostly all seniors so tall order. It’s amazing the depth they have in that senior class. In first game, St.X could only muster a FG out of offense and don’t see that changing much.

• Like 1

In Beatty's tenure, there have  been 4 seasons where X beat T in the regular season but then T prevailed in a playoff game:

2005.......X 48-16 ... then T 14-6

2007........X 24-15...then T 34-28

2008........X 30-6...then T 28-24

2014.....X 15-8....then T 9-3.

All the playoff games have been tight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

In Beatty's tenure, there have  been 4 seasons where X beat T in the regular season but then T prevailed in a playoff game:

2005.......X 48-16 ... then T 14-6

2007........X 24-15...then T 34-28

2008........X 30-6...then T 28-24

2014.....X 15-8....then T 9-3.

All the playoff games have been tight.

Shows how good Beatty is at preparing teams for playoffs.

• mcpapa locked this topic