Trinity 56 Dixie Heights 0

TheDeuce

• theguru changed the title to Trinity 56 Dixie Heights 0
1 minute ago, EastSideJunkie said:

This was even more lopsided than I expected.

Dixie Heights had 46 total yards. Per the Trinity stats on radio, the Shamrocks only ran 31 offensive plays and won 56-0. Yikes!

Defense, defense, and more defense.

I thought it would be running clock, but to blank them says a lot about where the Rocks are right now.

Running clock 45 seconds into the second quarter (42-0).  I believe it is the quickest running clock I have ever seen.

I don't know if we were overlooking Eastern last week but there was a big difference in how we played this week versus last week.

The Courier article about Beatty this week did not do Dixie Heights any favors.  It wasn't standard trash talk bulletin board material but I am sure it hit a note with every player.

9 minutes ago, Rocks and Cards said:

Running clock 45 seconds into the second quarter (42-0).  I believe it is the quickest running clock I have ever seen.

I don't know if we were overlooking Eastern last week but there was a big difference in how we played this week versus last week.

The Courier article about Beatty this week did not do Dixie Heights any favors.  It wasn't standard trash talk bulletin board material but I am sure it hit a note with every player.

I don't  think they overlooked Eastern. They were just a little rusty after not playing for a month. All is well now.

• Thanks 1