Trinity 56 Dixie Heights 0

TheDeuce

44 minutes ago, laketime85 said:

Lol.  Just another reminder how NKY football is overrated. 

I wasn’t in any way attacking Trinity, not sure why you feel it’s necessary to thrown stones at NKY. Not only is it an ignorant statement, but completely off topic. 

It’s great we have options with both public and private. This is probably one of the best Trinity teams of all time, which is saying a lot. It’s not their fault they’re that much better than everyone. Their kids and coaches certainly deserve credit for assembling and developing a phenomenal team, all while playing within the rules.

But it’s absurd to deny the advantages private schools have. This isn’t a new topic (as many have pointed out) nor is it an unpopular opinion. Hard to say the system is fair when you’re playing with a different set of rules. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NKYRaider said:

But it’s absurd to deny the advantages private schools have. This isn’t a new topic (as many have pointed out) nor is it an unpopular opinion. Hard to say the system is fair when you’re playing with a different set of rules. 

A set of rules that public schools put on themselves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

A set of rules that public schools put on themselves. 

I’m not picking sides here, which apparently many like to do on here. I think it’s great we have  both options, but am opposed to having public and private schools in the same divisions for a state championship.

I believe it used to be split before and winners played each other in the 80’s. Could be wrong on that, but regardless, that seems like a much better format. 

5 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

I’m not picking sides here, which apparently many like to do on here. I think it’s great we have  both options, but am opposed to having public and private schools in the same divisions for a state championship.

I believe it used to be split before and winners played each other in the 80’s. Could be wrong on that, but regardless, that seems like a much better format. 

You are wrong and again the rules are the same for everyone.  In some cases public school systems decide to impose extra rules on themselves but again the KHSAA rules are the same for all schools public and private. 

• Like 6