Should Beechwood be #2 next week?

Bac2369

Beechwood to #2 next week?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Beechwood to #2 next week?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Yes. The State Champion will be one of three teams, LCA, Somerset or Beechwood.

Wondering why you kept Mayfield out of there as well? I would put TIER 1 right now as LCA, Beechwood, Mayfield. 

I'll reserve complete judgment on Somerset and where I'd put them until I know more about Sherron's absence last night and whether or not he'll be out for any games moving forward. 

I think Beechwood has to be #2 for the following reasons:

* Strength of schedule is #2 in AA - behind only LCA  - and they're steamrolling right now. 

* Regardless of the reasons why (Sherron not playing), Somerset got mollywhipped by Corbin, a team that the Tigers defeated and for those of you watching that Corbin game earlier in the season...the score does not reflect how much Beechwood dominated that game. 

* Mayfield's strength of schedule is #16 in AA. They've rolled some BAD teams. Beechwood has defeated NCC, 6A Ryle and 4A Corbin. 

* For those in the Hancock Co camp, they lost to Larue Co. on the road last night and are #14 in AA in schedule strength. Tought to put them in the 2 slot when their top 2 wins are against #9 RPI Owensboro Catholic (5-3) and #18 Edmonson Co. (3-3). The other wins were against teams ranked 20, 24, and 25 in their respective RPI polls. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Wondering why you kept Mayfield out of there as well? I would put TIER 1 right now as LCA, Beechwood, Mayfield. 

I'll reserve complete judgment on Somerset and where I'd put them until I know more about Sherron's absence last night and whether or not he'll be out for any games moving forward. 

I think Beechwood has to be #2 for the following reasons:

* Strength of schedule is #2 in AA - behind only LCA  - and they're steamrolling right now. 

* Regardless of the reasons why (Sherron not playing), Somerset got mollywhipped by Corbin, a team that the Tigers defeated and for those of you watching that Corbin game earlier in the season...the score does not reflect how much Beechwood dominated that game. 

* Mayfield's strength of schedule is #16 in AA. They've rolled some BAD teams. Beechwood has defeated NCC, 6A Ryle and 4A Corbin. 

* For those in the Hancock Co camp, they lost to Larue Co. on the road last night and are #14 in AA in schedule strength. Tought to put them in the 2 slot when their top 2 wins are against #9 RPI Owensboro Catholic (5-3) and #18 Edmonson Co. (3-3). The other wins were against teams ranked 20, 24, and 25 in their respective RPI polls. 

Beechwood does deserve to be #2. As for Somerset,  they played last night without more than just Sheron.  They were down 4 starters on defense and 3 on offense.   21 of Corbin's points came off if unforced fumbles where the sophomore quarterback,  who was making his first ever start,  just dropped the ball when he drew his arm back to throw.  They didn't come on sacks,  strips or anything.  I'm not sure if he had an issue with his hand as I've never seen him have that problem.  He tried putting on a glove after the 3rd or 4th one.   Out of the injured starters all,  save one defensive player,  should be back at 100% for the first round of the playoffs.   

5 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Why didn’t you add your Cards in the mix? 

I think Mayfield would have a shot to get to the State Title game if they were playing at home in sub State but I don't see it happening. Mayfield is injured and the boys have stepped up and the coaches have done a great job with this group but I think this year like other years there are a few teams that separate themselves and this year it's LCA, Beechwood and Somerset. Don't get me wrong under the right circumstances I think Mayfield could beat these teams. 10 state title games in the last 11 years is pretty good and lots of young players on their way, the future is bright.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I think Mayfield would have a shot to get to the State Title game if they were playing at home in sub State but I don't see it happening. Mayfield is injured and the boys have stepped up and the coaches have done a great job with this group but I think this year like other years there are a few teams that separate themselves and this year it's LCA, Beechwood and Somerset. Don't get me wrong under the right circumstances I think Mayfield could beat these teams. 10 state title games in the last 11 years is pretty good and lots of young players on their way, the future is bright.

I am not counting the Cards out. 

1 minute ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I think Mayfield would have a shot to get to the State Title game if they were playing at home in sub State but I don't see it happening. Mayfield is injured and the boys have stepped up and the coaches have done a great job with this group but I think this year like other years there are a few teams that separate themselves and this year it's LCA, Beechwood and Somerset. Don't get me wrong under the right circumstances I think Mayfield could beat these teams. 10 state title games in the last 11 years is pretty good and lots of young players on their way, the future is bright.

Understatement of the season right there. You all have been blessed. I agree with your assessment of the Cards. No one should be surprised if they make it 11 in 12 years, but right now it looks like there's a line of separation under the top three. If Somerset gets everybody healthy, 2A has a three headed monster.

To answer the question posed in the thread, yes Beechwood should slide up to #2. Their body of work is impressive and the meat of the early season schedule has them rolling right now.

• theguru changed the title to Should Beechwood be #2 next week?