Mask or No Mask

Voice of Reason

Mask or No Mask  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Mask or No Mask

• Mask
    • No Mask

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2020 at 09:49 PM

3 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I am not so sure.  The most vulnerable have been vaccinated. Keep in mind I have been wrong a lot, but at this point I think the hysteria should die down and we should be in flu mode,  By this I mean, yes, it is serious, but it is time to start being normal. 
Wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze.

12 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I am not so sure.  The most vulnerable have been vaccinated. Keep in mind I have been wrong a lot, but at this point I think the hysteria should die down and we should be in flu mode,  

I am with you on many of the most vulnerable being vaccinated. However less than 10% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Less than 10%.  How many times do we have to go through this rush to normalcy only to see another spike? Why the rush on removing mask mandates? Wearing a mask is not the difficult.

If this were purely a public health decision, it wouldn't be a debate.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I am not so sure.  The most vulnerable have been vaccinated. Keep in mind I have been wrong a lot, but at this point I think the hysteria should die down and we should be in flu mode,  

We are already seeing many businesses in places where mandates are being lifted still requiring masks. I suspect that will continue.

I don’t understand the rush. We’ve done that before, and the numbers spiked every time. We’re almost there. We can wait a little longer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

We are already seeing many businesses in places where mandates are being lifted still requiring masks. I suspect that will continue.

It really doesn't matter whether a mandate is in place or not, people are not following it anyway.  Businesses may keep the "requirement", but it'll just be lip service.  I can't tell you how many places I've been into (even before the vaccinations began) that had a sign as plain as day before you entered the store, saying they required a mask...and a good portion of the customers were mask-less.  Enforcement has completely gone away.

And I'm sick and tired of hearing people say I (in the general sense, as a mask wearer) need to respect their decision to not wear one...when they don't offer the same respect to the businesses who ask that they wear one.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

It really doesn't matter whether a mandate is in place or not, people are not following it anyway.  Businesses may keep the "requirement", but it'll just be lip service.  I can't tell you how many places I've been into (even before the vaccinations began) that had a sign as plain as day before you entered the store, saying they required a mask...and a good portion of the customers were mask-less.  Enforcement has completely gone away.

And I'm sick and tired of hearing people say I (in the general sense, as a mask wearer) need to respect their decision to not wear one...when they don't offer the same respect to the businesses who ask that they wear one.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Maybe where you live. Mask enforcement has been top notch in Louisville since it began. But to your point, a lot of people still want to be "that guy" and not wear one in places, only too look like a fool. 

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

15 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Maybe where you live. Mask enforcement has been top notch in Louisville since it began. But to your point, a lot of people still want to be "that guy" and not wear one in places, only too look like a fool. 

I think there is a difference between mask enforcement and mask compliance. Many seem to intermingle the two. As an employee or employer, I would be reluctant to get much into the enforcement realm because people are frigging nuts. It is not worth trying to get into an argument or fight over. There are signs at Walmart that say "no shoplifting" and it only does so much good.

14 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I think there is a difference between mask enforcement and mask compliance. Many seem to intermingle the two. As an employee or employer, I would be reluctant to get much into the enforcement realm because people are frigging nuts. It is not worth trying to get into an argument or fight over. There are signs at Walmart that say "no shoplifting" and it only does so much good.

True. I'm not going to fight anybody over it. But when ask someone to put on a mask, they're either going to put it on or leave. How they leave will be up to them.

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree.    The people - customers, guests and staff -  in the places that I have frequented in Louisville have been almost without exception mask-compliant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Menards used to have a guy up front at the entrance...now they don't.  Employees are still wearing them, but I'd say it's 50-50 for customers on some days.  Tractor Supply, on the other hand, was barely 10 percent compliant, and that's with the clerks being 10 feet from the doors.

Restaurants seem to be the one place where I still see a fairly good majority wearing them, but even then there's instances where people walk in like they own the place.

The places I go in NKY (I am not going to name any) only have maybe 5% mask wearers max (95% no mask) in them other than Kroger which is about 85% wearing a mask and Kroger does not enforce masks at my local store. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The places I go in NKY (I am not going to name any) only have maybe 5% mask wearers max (95% no mask) in them other than Kroger which is about 85% wearing a mask and Kroger does not enforce masks at my local store. 

That s about 180 degrees opposite of what I see.   Maybe I don't go to many places.

2 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

That s about 180 degrees opposite of what I see.   Maybe I don't go to many places.

I think it is different here in Louisville than it is a lot of places in KY. My girlfriend is from NKY and she's told me on her trips home, people don't wear masks in NKY like they do here.