Manual at St. Xavier Predictions/Updates - Cancelled

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 02:00 AM

#4 Manual (2-1) travels to #5 St. Xavier (0-2) after defeating Eastern 41-3. St. Xavier is coming off a 48-10 loss to #1 Trinity. Manual has a strong defense and a dynamic duo at running back with JuWaun Northington and Ramont Townsend. St. Xavier has struggled offensively and Manual’s defense won’t be the right medicine for their woes. St. Xavier will be looking to build off a decent defensive performance where they held a powerful Trinity offense to 21 points. This has the makings of a low scoring game and also being a district game has high importance. Does Manual win and continue to make a case to be the #2 team in 6A? Does St. Xavier get enough offense to avoid going 0-3? 

Last year meetings:

Manual 20-19 (Regular season)

St. Xavier 28-9 ( 2nd round of 6A Playoffs)

• Thanks 1

Huge, huge game right here. For Manual, it's an opportunity to see where they stand relative to the top of 6A. The LaSalle game was a good showing by the Crimsons, but this is their first encounter with an in-state 6A contemporary.

For St. X, they just need a W. The abbreviated schedule has been brutal so far. A loss here, and they could potentially be looking at a losing season. The Tigers should be starving to get in the win column.

X and Manual split two meetings last year, with the Tigers emerging as the better team after a more decisive playoff win. With each side's respective motivations coming in, this has all the makings of a great one.

4hauxv.jpg.a9a75f9ef22b4d5c5d1b35353acaba48.jpg

• Like 1

I have no idea what to think. While Manual has a very good stable of running backs, St. X typically does a good job of controlling the running game. If the Tiger offense can’t be more consistent then they may end up putting their defense in very tough positions. I’ll go with the Tigers in a close one... 17-14. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

3 years ago, but I believe this group of seniors from Manual beat St. X on the freshman level. IF St. X loses this game, then this could be a season for the record books and not the good record books. 

Manual won that game 14-7. The juniors when freshman beat Manual 22-20 but Manual also played sophomores in that game which made them more competitive. Bottom line is Manual has Multiple D1 players and can definitely win this game.

Two service academy commits will be in game with St.X OT Evan Brown committed to Naval Academy and Manual WR/DB Braxton Cannon committed to Air Force Academy. They will be playing against each other for 4 more years. I’m thankful they chose to serve our Country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This should be a competitive and fun game to watch.  I like Manual's defense in the game and Northington to make just enough magic during short field offensive drives to get the W for the Crimsons.  I also look for X to try a few more trick plays to spur their offense and try to isolate Smith on the outside.

Manual 17

• theguru changed the title to Manual at St. Xavier Predictions/Updates - Cancelled