Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Cardinals vs. Eagles 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets the win?

    • Mayfield
      57%
    • Graves County
      42%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 11:30 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Mayfield's (0-1) pride was dealt a severe blow after McCracken County laid a surprise beating on them in Week 1, to the tune of 42-7. It was the Cardinals' worst loss in over a decade, but you won't find them feeling sorry for themselves or hitting the panic button. It's back to work, preparing for a county rival that's fresh off a huge opening week win. 

Graves County (1-0) got its season off to a rousing start by taking down Paducah Tilghman 17-7, due in no small part to the legs of running back Clint McKee, who churned out 190 yards against the Tornadoes.

The Eagles haven't beaten Mayfield since 2008. Can Graves County take advantage of a presumed down year for Mayfield and end an eleven game losing streak in the series?

I think this will be a pretty close game  But I think I will go with the home team that won last week.  I think Mayfield will continue to improve and be much better for the playoffs, but will struggle with teams early they usually dominate.

Cross-town rivals battling for bragging rights of Mayfield.  Graves looked better in week 1 but I’ll roll with Mayfield to bounce back.

Of course I am going with the Eagles, but I don't think Mayfield is as down as the score indicated last week. 3 TDs fell into the Mustangs hands. I still think McCracken is the better team, but if they played again I'd say they'd win by 2 or 3 TDs instead of 5.

I like my Eagles 28-14 in this one to break the streak. 

Graves 21-20.

When’s last time Graves County beat Mayfield?

  • Author
31 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

When’s last time Graves County beat Mayfield?

First sentence, last paragraph of the opening post. 

It's tough to pick Mayfield after their offensive showing last week.  I don't think they will be able to score enough to keep up with Graves.  

Graves - 21

Mayfield - 12

A lot of Mayfield’s offensive woes were the result of McCracken’s defense. Their running game could bounce back. Mayfield in a close one 21-17.

3 hours ago, BadaBing said:

It's tough to pick Mayfield after their offensive showing last week.  I don't think they will be able to score enough to keep up with Graves.  

Graves - 21

Mayfield - 12

I agree.

 

However, I'm picking Mayfield. I think you will see a more focused effort this Friday night.

Everything will have to be better especially line play and offensive awareness. The punting game needs improvement or "Tony" could be correct on his prediction. Every week this team needs to get better.

20-14 Cards.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Bac2369 said:

When’s last time Graves County beat Mayfield?

 

23 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

First sentence, last paragraph of the opening post. 

How many times has Graves County beat Mayfield in their school history? I'm assuming not many.

  • Author
24 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

 

How many times has Graves County beat Mayfield in their school history? I'm assuming not many.

Graves County won in '93, '99, '04, '06, and '08. Mayfield holds a 22-5 series lead.

First game was 93. Graves won.
They won another in 99
Then they won 3 out of 5 years from 04-08

Up until that point the series was 5 to 11. Honestly not terrible considering its Mayfield and Graves was new to Football. But the run Mayfield has been on the past decade has really separated the gap. As I am sure it had with most teams they have played. (Sorry Devil you must have posted just before me)

 

34 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

First game was 93. Graves won.
They won another in 99
Then they won 3 out of 5 years from 04-08

Up until that point the series was 5 to 11. Honestly not terrible considering its Mayfield and Graves was new to Football. But the run Mayfield has been on the past decade has really separated the gap. As I am sure it had with most teams they have played. (Sorry Devil you must have posted just before me)

 

Any particular reason why Graves and Mayfield didn't play during the 80s when Graves first started? Was the gap too big to be competitive, especially since I don't believe any of the pre-Graves schools played football.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.