Hamilton

Daughter was dying to see Hamilton and was ecstatic that Disney+ was going to air it, with the original cast.

This afternoon we all sat down and watched it. I'm not much for musicals, but I thought this was really really good. The historical story helped keep my interest, but the cast did a great job.

Anyone else watch it or plan on it?

Saw Hamilton back in February on Broadway. Absolutely phenomenal! Watching the performance on Disney+ with the original cast was even better. Greatest musical of all time in my opinion. Lin Manuel-Miranda is an absolute genius. If you haven’t heard any of the songs before I would definitely suggest watching it on Disney+ with the subtitles just so you catch all the subtleties and don’t miss anything. It’s very fast paced the subtitles definitely help. 

• Thanks 1

We have Disney+ for some reason... sure it some product or service we (my wife) bought. Anyways, I have been dying to see Hamilton but I am reluctant to watch it through television and would rather see it in person. My wife and I got stranded in Chicago just after Christmas and had a day to kill. We looked at tickets to Hamilton but it would set us back about $700. We had Vegas the next week and thought it would be wise having other trips planned. Well, who knew we would be stuck for the last few months and looking back now regret ponying up the money.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

We have Disney+ for some reason... sure it some product or service we (my wife) bought. Anyways, I have been dying to see Hamilton but I am reluctant to watch it through television and would rather see it in person. My wife and I got stranded in Chicago just after Christmas and had a day to kill. We looked at tickets to Hamilton but it would set us back about $700. We had Vegas the next week and thought it would be wise having other trips planned. Well, who knew we would be stuck for the last few months and looking back now regret ponying up the money.

The tickets for Hamilton are absurd. When I saw it NY I got super lucky. I was searching back in January and I found two tickets in the first balcony just a little off to the left of center. The tickets were 21 and 23 so they were cheaper than two seats technically together. I snagged them immediately for $250/each. Every other seat in the row went for over a grand. We figured nobody would fight us over having to sit in seat 22 so we ended up sitting next to each other and it was unbelievable. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

What's everyone's favorite song?

For me, I think it has to be the Rewind song that Angelica sings while she's giving her Maid of Honor speech.  She's unreal in that rap.

Second for me would be It's Quiet Uptown.

So many good ones.

I really like, "The room where it happened" and "What'd I miss?"

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of musicals in person but I'm not usually a fan of them on television (I don't count West Side Story and the like that were adapted for the screen but with the same songs). I'd like to first see Hamilton on stage but the tickets are outrageous.

• Like 1