Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Floyd killed while in custody of four Minneapolis police officers

Featured Replies

Sad, repulsive story. Floyd was allegedly detained by police because he matched the description of a suspect in a forgery case. One officer pressed his knee to the neck of Floyd, who pleaded with the officer, saying he could not breathe. In a video that has gone viral, bystanders are questioning the officer's physicality, but to no avail. Floyd went limp and was pronounced dead. All four officers were fired and the FBI is investigating.

 

I haven't watched the video, but this is inexcusable.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is horrible.

I saw the video and it is very disturbing.

 

As a psyc nurse who has been involved in many restraint situations, we are repeatedly educated in the right and wrong way to deal with violent people, starting with deescalating the agitated person in the first place. One thing that is always stressed is there can be NO airway obstruction. No knees on the chest or neck and nursing is always responsible for watching the patient airway.

 

Do officers get similar training? I have the utmost respect for our officers who deal with awful things on a daily basis, and handle it professionally the vast majority of the time. However, this is horribly unbelievable! He had the guy down, he wasn’t fighting and had his knee on his neck. He didn’t seem to care that he was being videoed, and didn’t care that he was repeatedly being told by bystanders and Mr Floyd that the he couldn’t breathe. He seemed quite casual about the whole thing. His fellow officer then blocked the person making the video. When Mr. Floyd said “Please don’t kill me,” it was chilling.

 

This kind of thing has happened before. How could he not know how dangerous putting a knee on someone’s neck was? How could he not know that he was killing this guy?

Yesterday I saw the first video, which is a front view, and was horrified. Then this morning I saw a second video, taken from behind. What you don’t see in the first video are the two other cops that are physically on top of Floyd. They are hidden by the vehicle in the first video. Floyd was not going anywhere or doing anything even if the cop on his neck got up. There is NO WAY that a continuous knee to the neck was anything less than a power play with 100% disregard for human life.

Yesterday I saw the first video, which is a front view, and was horrified. Then this morning I saw a second video, taken from behind. What you don’t see in the first video are the two other cops that are physically on top of Floyd. They are hidden by the vehicle in the first video. Floyd was not going anywhere or doing anything even if the cop on his neck got up. There is NO WAY that a continuous knee to the neck was anything less than a power play with 100% disregard for human life.

 

I keep asking myself, "Did none of these officers have handcuffs?" If he were cuffed, and surrounded by 4 officers; how was he a threat to escape?

I keep asking myself, "Did none of these officers have handcuffs?" If he were cuffed, and surrounded by 4 officers; how was he a threat to escape?

 

He wasn't. This is just another example of cowards in badges on a power trip.

How could he not know how dangerous putting a knee on someone’s neck was? How could he not know that he was killing this guy?

 

He knew and he didn't care.

Yesterday I saw the first video, which is a front view, and was horrified. Then this morning I saw a second video, taken from behind. What you don’t see in the first video are the two other cops that are physically on top of Floyd. They are hidden by the vehicle in the first video. Floyd was not going anywhere or doing anything even if the cop on his neck got up. There is NO WAY that a continuous knee to the neck was anything less than a power play with 100% disregard for human life.

 

All of this.

I’m past the days of talking about these things. I’m past the days expecting change. I’m past the days of being non-violent in these situations. If something like this ever happens in front of me you will see and hear my name on the national news.

Edited by theguru
Terms of Service

It's ok for people to rally and protest and show up with guns and complain about how their freedom is being taken away by being forced to wear a mask. Those people are called patriots. But when an NFL player takes quietly takes a knee during the national anthem to protest the sort of thing that happened to George Floyd, that player becomes a pariah.

I keep asking myself, "Did none of these officers have handcuffs?" If he were cuffed, and surrounded by 4 officers; how was he a threat to escape?

 

Actually, I thought I saw that he was in handcuffs when they rolled him onto the stretcher.

  • Author
I keep asking myself, "Did none of these officers have handcuffs?" If he were cuffed, and surrounded by 4 officers; how was he a threat to escape?

 

He wasn't cuffed?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.