What is the #1 place you haven't been to in the U.S. that you'd like to go to?

Randy Parker

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on #1, but the top thing that has been on my mind to visit of late has been Utah. Amazingly beautiful State. My friend and his family are currently on a 4-week journey around the country in an RV and Utah (from pictures) seems the coolest.

Mt. Rushmore for me.

What say you?

If given the opportunity, it is worth the trip. Mount Rushmore itself is neat, but the entire Rapid City, Keystone, Custer National Park, Sturgis, Black Hills, and Badlands area are beautiful.

Always had this thing about Isle Royale National Park. It's the least-visited national park (other than the ones in the remotest parts of Alaska), and there's a good reason for that: it's in the far northwestern corner of Lake Superior near the Canadian border and is accessible only by a couple boats from Minnesota or the UP or by sea plane. It closes entirely from November until April.

But photos I've seen make it look incredible.

Probably San Diego for me.

I know others will say differently, but San Diego is overated. Great zoo. Nice weather.

My top spot would probably be Yosemite and Redwood forest.

I have visited a lot of places including most listed above but others on the list that I have yet to see are Alaska via cruise, Grand Canyon, the Utah parks, Acadia and Hawaii.

I second what Bugatti said as well. Mt Rushmore is OK but the rest of South Dakota especially the Badlands was the best part of our trip there - very beautiful area and unlike anywhere else!

I second this. Custer Park is a must see.

Somewhat tangent to this, but if you go north of here into western North Dakota, you can be in the northern Badlands. Medora is a cool little hidden gem.