What is the #1 place you haven't been to in the U.S. that you'd like to go to?

Randy Parker

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maine is my favorite state that’s not Kentucky. I spent a summer in Bar Harbor. It is beautiful with kind people.

When I was 15 I spent 2 months in the back-country of Maine, canoeing 4 rivers while at a summer camp. Beautiful, but the mosquitos, black flies and No-See-Ums are quite impressive. I soon discovered the importance of surplus military insect repellent with Deet!

I've never been to Washington, D.C. I would like to do that while I can still get around.

Went one year during my son's dead period. Have never been so hot as I was that year. I'd recommend going during the cooler months and make sure you are able to do a lot of walking. However, it was a great trip, really impressive.

Went one year during my son's dead period. Have never been so hot as I was that year. I'd recommend going during the cooler months and make sure you are able to do a lot of walking. However, it was a great trip, really impressive.

Went when I was in third grade, I believe. I remember going to the White House, seeing the President's motorcade, & being miserably hot.

I grew up less than 2 hours from DC and took several field trips there while in school. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve really visited there, and yes it was very hot. There’s not a ton of shade, and it does require a bunch of walking. It is one place everyone should visit at least once. I’ve never been when the cherry blossoms are blooming, and would like to see that one time.

• 2 weeks later...