Jantzen Dunn (South Warren '21) Recruiting

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a linebacker from W.KY. named (I hope I'm close) Sean Barber who went to USC?

Kurt Barber (Paducah-Tilghman '88). He was a RB/LB for Tilghman and won the 1987 Mr. Football award. Started on special teams at USC all four years, and started at linebacker as a junior and senior. Led the team in sacks as a senior. Drafted by the NY Jets in the 2nd round of the '92 NFL draft and played in 50 games from '92-'95. The Jets traded him to the Broncos, and he ended up on practice squads for the Broncos and Bears. Moved to college coaching at Riverside Community College, then Utah, Kent State, Tennessee-Martin, UNLV, Western Kentucky, and Campbellsville, and then took over at Tilghman as head coach for the '16 and '17 football seasons.

As far as I know, Lamar Dawson and Kurt Barber are the only two athletes from Kentucky high schools to play football at USC.

source.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Will he be playing special teams too?

He can. But I would expect as I'm sure you already know that he likely would get a few minutes break during that time of the game.

I think I recall in the first BG game last year that he had at least 1 punt return, played every defensive snap and most offensive snaps

Also as you'd expect, he may not be as involved in the kicking game vs lesser teams, but when its a big game, I expect you'll see Mr. Dunn on the field. Coach Smith lets his best players play. Simple as that.

If anybody is into recruiting he got a crystal ball forecast to tOSU! Per our insider site he is being recruited as a corner and safety.

Way too early in the process for any of this. Not saying he won’t go to OSU. Just saying that it is still way too early to know for sure or make predictions.

• 3 weeks later...