Jantzen Dunn (South Warren '21) Recruiting

I’ve seen him play twice but both times I focused more on what he did offensively. He’s clearly far better on defense. In HS his skills are rarely tested but his athleticism will always be on display. I hope he is a great one for you guys!

Sounds like a Coombs special, lanky athlete who can cover. Hope to pair him with Burton but as I said on one of the other post, when asked, Dunn was a sure thing, not sure about Burton.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writing has been on the wall!

My apologies. I hadn’t heard that he was a lock for OSU two days after being offered by them but I am not an OSU fan and I never asked his dad about where he was headed or who he liked the most. All of his offers were coming in fast and furious. I had no idea he was waiting on the OSU offer. I’m glad he got the offer he was waiting for and I look forward to seeing him play for the Bucks in the future.

Excellent decision for the young man and the '21 class at OSU is gearing up to be the best class in the history of Buckeye football. Defensively, if a player is a DB or D-lineman OSU should be on most, if not all, highly rated players list as Coach Coombs and Coach Johnson are clearly two of the top developmental coaches in the country, but hey I'm strongly biased. Happy to see another Ky player land in the Power 5!

Congrats to Jantzen and welcome to Buckeye Nation!

I’ve seen him play twice but both times I focused more on what he did offensively. He’s clearly far better on defense. In HS his skills are rarely tested but his athleticism will always be on display. I hope he is a great one for you guys!

Congratulations to Jantzen! HUGE accomplishment!

I have seen him play about 5 times (3 or 4 of those against BG). He is a good offensive and special teams player due to his athletic abiility alone. But on defense he is special. Always takes the correct angle to bring down the ball carrier. Very good leaping ability to swat down passes. Not sure he's as good as Clayton Bush was at anticipating where the ball was going but but he is developing that. Easily one of the best players in the state!