Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 78 Georgia 69

Featured Replies

I’m glad to see Quickly getting more confidence. I like the way he performed tonight.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but E.J. Montgomery continues to frustrate.

 

According to Kyle Tucker on Twitter:

 

Cal on the difference between Georgia boys Hagans and Montgomery in homecoming games: "Ashton is, 'I'm gonna show' and EJ is 'I hope I play well.'

 

If you told me one of the main guys were going to transfer after the season, I'd bet it was EJ.

For those that celebrate at halftime when they still gotta play another 20 minutes:

 

Edwards.jpg

According to Kyle Tucker on Twitter:

 

Cal on the difference between Georgia boys Hagans and Montgomery in homecoming games: "Ashton is, 'I'm gonna show' and EJ is 'I hope I play well.'

 

If you told me one of the main guys were going to transfer after the season, I'd bet it was EJ.

 

If he was going to transfer I think it would have been after last season or during winter break like Green did last year. I don’t see anyway he transfers now and have to sit out a whole year before playing again.

 

If he is going to leave after this year it would be to go play in the G league or overseas. I think seeing what happened for Washington last year and now Richards this year though helps in getting him to possibly stay. Washington turned into a first round pick. Richards is turning into a first round pick now. WCS turned into a first round pick after his junior year. So Calipari will have examples to use when talking to him about the benefits of big guys that have stayed until they reached their potential.

For those that celebrate at halftime when they still gotta play another 20 minutes:

 

[ATTACH]69611[/ATTACH]

For as gifted as Edwards is, he still has a long way to go, especially on the intensity end of things. Each time he would make a shot and start feeling himself, it seemed his defense got that much worse/lackadaisical. He looked like on defense how I believe I would look on defense if I was put into a college basketball game. It was so bad for him that he was guarding Sestina to hide how poor he was on that end of the court. That is not what you want from your best player and athlete. I would argue he was as big of a reason as any that UK was efficient as they were on offense.

If he was going to transfer I think it would have been after last season or during winter break like Green did last year. I don’t see anyway he transfers now and have to sit out a whole year before playing again.

 

If he is going to leave after this year it would be to go play in the G league or overseas. I think seeing what happened for Washington last year and now Richards this year though helps in getting him to possibly stay. Washington turned into a first round pick. Richards is turning into a first round pick now. WCS turned into a first round pick after his junior year. So Calipari will have examples to use when talking to him about the benefits of big guys that have stayed until they reached their potential.

 

Yeah, I hear ya. It's just a random speculation. I could see him being like Marcus Lee. I don't know enough about the next class in regards to his position.

Of course all teams in college are glaringly flawed, but the three biggest things UK could use to take the next step:

 

- One of the wing players (Brooks or Whitney) has to take a step forward, especially on the defensive end. That is rough asking the three guards to take on a taller athletic wing.

- Another semi-reliable threat from deep needs to emerge. It can even be from the existing rotation. Not talking Steph Curry here, but someone needs to build confidence to at least keep the defense honest.

- EJ be a contributor, which we all know he has the skill set to do.

For as gifted as Edwards is, he still has a long way to go, especially on the intensity end of things. Each time he would make a shot and start feeling himself, it seemed his defense got that much worse/lackadaisical. He looked like on defense how I believe I would look on defense if I was put into a college basketball game. It was so bad for him that he was guarding Sestina to hide how poor he was on that end of the court. That is not what you want from your best player and athlete. I would argue he was as big of a reason as any that UK was efficient as they were on offense.

 

Which is another area that that some people don’t ever want to give Cal credit for. We see teams all the time struggle to get their young freshman team to play defense. Yet for the most part coach Cal usually has pretty good defensive teams and gets guys to buy in to playing defense. Which isn’t easy for most coaches to get star freshman to do, who were use to being the man and only focusing on offense.

I didn't realize it while watching the game last night, but Johnny Juzang didn't play. I'm assuming that he was just a healthy scratch?

I didn't realize it while watching the game last night, but Johnny Juzang didn't play. I'm assuming that he was just a healthy scratch?

 

Unless something has changed, Cal said over the weekend that Juzang was sick. They literally had him quarantined in the dorms from the rest of the team.

 

I didn't noticed, was Juzang with the team on the bench last night?

Good second half play with transition baskets being the key. This team is much better when they run and have fewer half court possessions.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but E.J. Montgomery continues to frustrate.

 

Debbie Downer! But I agree.

This was one of UK's best games, I thought. They looked confident and played downhill, if you will. Sestina played well the last 10 minutes.

Unless something has changed, Cal said over the weekend that Juzang was sick. They literally had him quarantined in the dorms from the rest of the team.

 

I didn't noticed, was Juzang with the team on the bench last night?

 

I don't think he has been with the team for the last two games, while recovering from whatever illness he has.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.