Texas Tech 70 Louisville 57

All State Baseball

Being highly ranked hasn’t been beneficial for some teams early on this season.

No, it hasn't. But at least Louisville lost to Texas Tech, and not Evansville or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

ESPN ticker says this ties for the most losses by a #1 team before January.

Going to be one of those years in college basketball.

Weird season so far.

Texas Tech winning isn’t a huge shocker but winning by 13 without Ramsey is surprising.

I’ve only watched Louisville play Michigan so I don’t know much about them this year. Are their guards really that bad or was this just an off game ?

It’s a long season, UL will be fine.

Weird season so far.

Texas Tech winning isn’t a huge shocker but winning by 13 without Ramsey is surprising.

I’ve only watched Louisville play Michigan so I don’t know much about them this year. Are their guards really that bad or was this just an off game ?

It’s a long season, UL will be fine.

Louisville’s guards are great, minus the PG position. They just couldn’t throw it in the ocean last night, and didn’t respond well. They were forcing bad entry passes into the post, and threw the ball away what seemed like a dozen times. I believe they had more turnovers than FGs. The effort was also lacking, to say the least. Looked like one of those “just have to show up” type of efforts.

They looked ok early. I think they got shook offensively after those two early charge calls (the rule is bad enough as written and on top of that, officials call it WAY too much) and they slowed down massively on offense from that point on.

They played slow; they played scared; they played bad.

A rough night passing combined with a poor shooting night from Nwora... disaster every time.

Lots to fix before ACC play resumes after the first of the year.

David Johnson and Sam Williamson have to play more. Johnson is the answer at PG, IMO. If Perry is going to turn the ball over six times a game (like he did last night), I'd much rather watch David Johnson do that as he develops. Johnson is bigger, more athletic, and a will be a better defender than any other PG on the roster.

Saw an ESPN Stats and Info stat that said #1 teams thus far are 6-4 (.600 win %). That would be the lowest win percentage since '93-'94. If memory serves, that season UK went to #1 after winning the Maui Invitational over Arizona, but the Rodney Dent injury they never recovered from, and ended up losing in the second round of the NCAA tournament as a three seed to Marquette.

Saw an ESPN Stats and Info stat that said #1 teams thus far are 6-4 (.600 win %). That would be the lowest win percentage since '93-'94. If memory serves, that season UK went to #1 after winning the Maui Invitational over Arizona, but the Rodney Dent injury they never recovered from, and ended up losing in the second round of the NCAA tournament as a three seed to Marquette.

And both the current Nos. 2 and 3 have tough games away from home the following week, whichever ends up as the next No. 1.

Sat., Dec. 21 features both of the following:

Kansas at Villanova

Ohio State vs. Kentucky in Las Vegas

And both the current Nos. 2 and 3 have tough games away from home the following week, whichever ends up as the next No. 1.

Sat., Dec. 21 features both of the following:

Kansas at Villanova

Ohio State vs. Kentucky in Las Vegas

Yep, UL or other previous #1 team may be back at #1 by default in a couple weeks. #4 Maryland lost at Penn State last night, so there is that.

No, it hasn't. But at least Louisville lost to Texas Tech, and not Evansville or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

ESPN ticker says this ties for the most losses by a #1 team before January.

Going to be one of those years in college basketball.

Hopefully UK can make it a new record when they play Ohio State next weekend.

It's rare when everyone on the team plays bad, and that happened to UL last night. What bugs me is the lack of effort. There is never any reason for that. I don't think Johnson is a truly effective PG until he improves his handle. I think he's pretty sold right now in the other areas, though.