Class 2A Semifinals: #2 Somerset vs. #5 Breathitt County Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

This game had the making of having two teams come into the matchup at 13-0 vs. 13-0. But it didn’t happen that way so we have a 13-0 vs. 12-1 (which isn’t to shabby). The Somerset Brair Jumpers have breezed through there schedule with having very impressive wins on the season. They’ve really been challenged only twice (Hazard and Lexington Christian Academy). The rest of there games they either put a running clock on them or costed to a solid two touchdown or more win. Breathitt County hasn’t been really challenged all season. The schedule they had leave many people guessing on just how good they really are? Last week was there toughest game of the season on which they still won by a running clock score of 57-28.

Somerset comes into this matchup averaging close to 41 points per game, while giving up just 15 points per game.

Breathitt County comes into the game averaging close to 51 points per game, while giving up close to 11 points per game.

Who wins this matchup? Does Somerset continue its dream season for a chance to wins its first ever State Championship? Or Does Breathitt County prove they have been overlooked all season long and make it back to the State Championship game since 2008?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will he very high scoring. Both teams have great offenses. The difference will defense and turnovers. Breathitt will need to stop the run and take care of the ball or they’ll lose big.

Somerset didn’t allow LCA out of the 20s the second time around - I’m not sure how high scoring this will be. Somerset will have the best defense Breathitt has seen by a large margin.

Somerset is well battle tested. They have seen it all from speed, to no huddle, all pass, and heavy run teams. They're defense is very nice. Too much talent and speed. The Collins kid is very good, but one kid can't do it all. Breathitt is good, but not mentally tested in bad situations. Somerset has to much overall talent, size and speed. Also Somerset has played in a few high caliber matchups with a lot on the line, media etc, etc. They responded well. Breathitt hasn't experienced the pressure, having to make comebacks. I guess I'm saying the mental part of the game. Somerset 32-21.

This game intrigues me. I am really interested to see how good Breathitt County is.

Breathitt is a good football team but not in the level of Somerset and Mayfield. WV never punted and moved the football at will. I don't think Breathitt can stop Somerset and I would be surprised if this is close.