Class 2A Semifinals: #2 Somerset vs. #5 Breathitt County Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

I finally got to watch Breathitt versus WV. WV had 7-8 tournovers that lead to points. BC defense couldn't do anything with WV offense other then a few downs., they just keep turning it over. They didn't get a running clock till 4 min left in the game. After watching this, and two other films They remind me of Shelby Valley 2 years ago. Going to be a long night for the bobcats as long as Somerset minimizes the turnovers. Somerset Defense is to fast, BC line to slow. Somerset OL is to big and athletic. I didn't see one player for BC that has the caliber of most of Somerset.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to watch Breathitt versus WV. WV had 7-8 tournovers that lead to points. BC defense couldn't do anything with WV offense other then a few downs., they just keep turning it over. They didn't get a running clock till 4 min left in the game. After watching this, and two other films They remind me of Shelby Valley 2 years ago. Going to be a long night for the bobcats as long as Somerset minimizes the turnovers. Somerset Defense is to fast, BC line to slow. Somerset OL is to big and athletic. I didn't see one player for BC that has the caliber of most of Somerset.

You’re not watching 23 and 24 for them then. Both of those kids would start for the jumpers.

Oh I've watched a few times. Never said they weren't good, and never said they couldn't play for Somerset just not at the caliber of Sheron, Gilmore, Grundy, Garland, Bruner and a few more. Playing bad teams can make anyone look great. If two is the best they got, then yes it will be a long night. Sheron multiple D1 offers, Bruner committed to UK, Grundy committed to Louisville, not to mention the lineman like Johnson getting looks, Simmons visits and offers, Jayden Gilmore getting visits, and so on. Around 75% of Somerset starters are getting offers, visits. LCA player offer from LSU. My point is these guys have proven themself against top competition on big stages, Breathitt has not. They are playing the biggest, and probably the best OL in 2A not to mention quick, and athletic with subs that can start for other teams. They beat Corbin with they're second line. Breathitt won't have the stamina to go 4 quarters against a team that uses a fresh OL, and DL every series.Somerset defense is one of the best run stop defense in the state so good luck. If Breathitt can I'll be the first to say i was wrong, but the big eye don't lie.

Oh I've watched a few times. Never said they weren't good, and never said they couldn't play for Somerset just not at the caliber of Sheron, Gilmore, Grundy, Garland, Bruner and a few more. Playing bad teams can make anyone look great. If two is the best they got, then yes it will be a long night. Sheron multiple D1 offers, Bruner committed to UK, Grundy committed to Louisville, not to mention the lineman like Johnson getting looks, Simmons visits and offers, Jayden Gilmore getting visits, and so on. Around 75% of Somerset starters are getting offers, visits. LCA player offer from LSU. My point is these guys have proven themself against top competition on big stages, Breathitt has not. They are playing the biggest, and probably the best OL in 2A not to mention quick, and athletic with subs that can start for other teams. They beat Corbin with they're second line. Breathitt won't have the stamina to go 4 quarters against a team that uses a fresh OL, and DL every series.Somerset defense is one of the best run stop defense in the state so good luck. If Breathitt can I'll be the first to say i was wrong, but the big eye don't lie.

College offers and measurables won't matter to anyone on the field Friday night. And if Somerset wins, next weeks opponent won't care how tall you are, how much you weigh, or what college has shown interest in you.