Chase Young suspended indefinitely

LRCW

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is truly about a kids family being able to travel to a bowl game, college athletics HAVE to move forward from this kind of nonsense. If a booster wants to pay for flights for a kid who is already enrolled they should be able to IMO.

Could not agree more.

Honestly, the school should be footing the bill for a kids parents and siblings to attend bowl games.

We’re paying coaches and athletic directors millions of dollars a year, the schools are making an obscene amount of money, I see no issue with a school spending a little of that cash on the players families for travel to bowl games.

Could not agree more.

Honestly, the school should be footing the bill for a kids parents and siblings to attend bowl games.

We’re paying coaches and athletic directors millions of dollars a year, the schools are making an obscene amount of money, I see no issue with a school spending a little of that cash on the players families for travel to bowl games.

They would have, had we made the CFB. The other 6-7 figure payout games, the families are on the hook for.

I saw Bruce Feldman tweet that one precedent is Ha Ha Clinton-dix . If the loan was under $500 it only calls for two game suspension which means he would be back for Penn State.

HHCD didn’t pay back the loan and the other precedent was Denzel Ware for UK who got $1600 and was only suspended 1 game. It was for plane tickets so probably around a $1000 from Maryland (where Chase is from) to LA.

HHCD didn’t pay back the loan and the other precedent was Denzel Ware for UK who got $1600 and was only suspended 1 game. It was for plane tickets so probably around a $1000 from Maryland (where Chase is from) to LA.

I just relayed what Feldman said. But its hard to estimate flight costs unless we know how many and airline.

The flight has also been confirmed to be for his girlfriend. The 4 game suspension is based on the dollar amount supposedly. HHCD got 1 game for $500 and Denzel Ware got 1 game for $1600. Chase must’ve been trying to get his girlfriend accustomed to the lifestyle their going to be living next year and flew her out first class, added some bottle service, and had a personal masseuse.