Chase Young suspended indefinitely

LRCW

If this is truly about a kids family being able to travel to a bowl game, college athletics HAVE to move forward from this kind of nonsense. If a booster wants to pay for flights for a kid who is already enrolled they should be able to IMO.

You can't let boosters be the ones who pay. The school needs to pay for the flights.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, weird world of college football. Bosa did it last year and it worked out nice for him. Can’t say I like it. I guess this really applies to the top 1% in college football.

Bosa at best wouldn’t have returned until the bowl game. Why are people still perpetuating this narrative that Bosa quit to go prepare for the draft?

McElroy just said he could have come back for last couple games. No worries, I have no idea, not pointing fingers. He was smart. Hey, team loyalty is one thing securing your future is another, not judging.

That heads down the path and opens the floodgates for lack of institutional control. If you let people outside the school pay money to athletes that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Isn't that essentially what the NCAA just voted to allow? Is that what you were looking for someone to say?

Bruce Feldman doing a lot of the reporting on this and just released a tweet saying that the family friend is not a booster or an agent. He cites his source as someone close to Chase. I don’t know how much stock to put in to that, but most of the recent news and reporting is coming out in Chase’s favor.

That heads down the path and opens the floodgates for lack of institutional control. If you let people outside the school pay money to athletes that is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't see much difference in a booster paying an athletes family for plane tickets and the booster going to the Athletic Department and saying "I'm donating this money specifically for John Players plane tickets."

Bruce Feldman doing a lot of the reporting on this and just released a tweet saying that the family friend is not a booster or an agent. He cites his source as someone close to Chase. I don’t know how much stock to put in to that, but most of the recent news and reporting is coming out in Chase’s favor.

Not from an agent, paid back well before it went public, Chase was 100% honest when asked about it. - Joel Klatt

I don't see much difference in a booster paying an athletes family for plane tickets and the booster going to the Athletic Department and saying "I'm donating this money specifically for John Players plane tickets."

Good point. Tracking and reporting are needed. If the booster and player are required to report it and they do so, I can see boosters being allowed to give money directly to the player. They just need to stay within whatever the rules are.