2007 1A Football

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, if Beech will be as strong as you guys make it sound then it is likely you will have a champ. Mayfield actually has a pretty good senior class but its their 9th and 10th grades that has us in a buzz. For me Beechwood just doesnt really strike much fear, they have never beat us in a head to head matchups and they will certainly be more beatable than having the Ads to contend with every year. You guys were lucky not having to face them. I assumed Beech would have to travel west but after you called me out on it I think I am no longer certain. Under the old system they would have to travel west but under the new 1 I really dont know. Anyway was sure fun watching some of you get worked up.

New Cath ended their streaks against Danville and Mayfield. Beechwood ended their streak against Danville. The streak against Mayfield has to end sooner or later.

You are good enough poster to know that he was talking about Beechwood’s run in 1A the years that and Mayfield were playing in 2A.

Nice try.:sssh: :D

Another poster saying that we wouldn't have won all those state titles back then if Mayfield and Danville was there. I say who cares they weren't so give us our respect. A lot of guys including myself have the rings to prove it.

Another poster saying that we wouldn't have won all those state titles back then if Mayfield and Danville was there. I say who cares they weren't so give us our respect. A lot of guys including myself have the rings to prove it.

Good post...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, I have all the respect in the world for the Beechies.....I was at a few of those Mayfield/Danville finals and saw Beechwood play in the 1a championships the game before and they may or may not have beaten either, but, from what I saw, it certainly could have gone either way and I honestly believe they would have still had there fair share of rings even with those 2 in the mix...IMHO

Don't forget about Campbellsville who should be improved next year. I look for Lynn Camp to be a lot better next year, with most of their skill players returning, and 2000 yard back Joe Roskopf. Lynn Camp has a strong schedule as usual that will prepare them for the playoffs. What does the Jacket schedule look like next year?

I know they open with Lex Christian, and Jellico is not on the schedule, they also keep playing former district rivals Cumberland and Evarts, and are still looking for a week 4 game. Also kept a tough Oneida Tn. team on schedule and look for this to become quite a rivalry. Sorry not sure about the rest of the schedule but will try to get my hands on one. I agree, Lynn Camp will be the big dog next year with the return of Rosskopf.

Good post...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, I have all the respect in the world for the Beechies.....I was at a few of those Mayfield/Danville finals and saw Beechwood play in the 1a championships the game before and they may or may not have beaten either, but, from what I saw, it certainly could have gone either way and I honestly believe they would have still had there fair share of rings even with those 2 in the mix...IMHO

:thumb:

Pikeville has all those things as well, see ya in Louisville.

Pikeville has failed to win their district the last 2 years...how many times has that happened in the history of the school??? Like NONE. Win the district before you talk about getting to Louisville without having to purchase a ticket...:confused:

• 8 months later...
Returning 9 starters on both sides of the ball, Frankfort looks like the team to beat in class a this year. With a tough non-district schedule, it seems the Panthers will be prepared for anyone in class a. Plus, Frankfort has EJ Fields at QB, the 2 time 400 m state champion.

he's got wheels.

I agree. Frankfort looks to be quite dominating. Teams that wish to beat Frankfort will have to find a way to get deal with Fields...if he runs the ball, you won't catch him.

Frankfort High looked very good in their scrimmages on saturday, from what I seen they handled J-town, and Woodford.

I think they looked like a team that needs to improve on offense. A lot of mis reads in the offense. Still trying to find someone to replace Robinson.

Although Jordan morgan and Keri metclfe looked good.

I believe Beechwood will easily win 1A this year....They are loaded on both sides of the ball.. Their o-line averages about 260 and they aren't fat slobs either..I don't even think it will be close..........This could be the best Beechwood team ever....As you can see I don't have a dog in the fight just my opinion.:D

I believe Beechwood will easily win 1A this year....They are loaded on both sides of the ball.. Their o-line averages about 260 and they aren't fat slobs either..I don't even think it will be close..........This could be the best Beechwood team ever....As you can see I don't have a dog in the fight just my opinion.:D

I got a slight feeling there will be a little team down in the far western part of the state that might have a say on just how "easily" Beechwood has it this year to the state championship. They ain't to bad of a team either!!!

Cardinalsvoice, you can bet on one thing that no one involved w/the Beechwood football program is thinking things are going to come easy. They will show up for each game and play one game at a time as they always have. They will not be looking ahead to anyone. No one will be looking forward to the lovely, short drive to Mayfield, if it works out that way!!!