2007 1A Football

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayfield was also very young, especially in the RB and Line positions..If they can find a decent replacement for Shelton at the QB spot, they should be very strong the next 2 years...That's a tall order though, because of what Shelton meant to the team both running and passing and especially the leadership attributes....

It will be difficult to replace Shelton, especially with his running ability, i believe there is a decent replacement in senior Logan Armstrong with his great armstrength although he was the leading tackler on defense for mayfield, and it would be risking for him to play LB and QB he would still be a good replacement. It will be a nice thing to have senior RB Andy Trevarthen in the backfield from the start of the season till the end without any injuries on the way. With both recievers being seniors, Caleb Gariscia and Chance Sherill, for mayfield there are still some decent replacements in senior Nick Walter that is talented and has experience and a talented sophmore Xaiver Shelton.

Yes, to all of the above.

If you see Raymond Webb lurking around Frankfort tell him Hatz said hello. He probably won't remember the name except to say that I went to Eastern with his daughter and we were good friends. Mention Boyle County and it might jar his memory.

Beechwood will probably be the favorite every year with Mayfield being there biggest competition most years, but, I think Frankfort and LCA will continue to build on the tradition they've started these last 2-3 years and be right in the hunt. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Lou Holy Cross, Bethlehem, Raceland and Pikeville have some strong teams and make some noise. Besides these 8, I think it's pretty average with the occational Crittenden Co, Bellevue, Harlan type teams having some decent years...

Beechwood will probably be the favorite every year with Mayfield being there biggest competition most years

I disagree, Mayfield has got some of the best talent comming up they have had in years in back to back classes in their younger classes. For example, lately they have had a good senior class and maybe a weak junior class and a okay sophmore class with few strong senior and junior classes. Next year maybe Beechwood but the following two years I will be suprised if the state title trophy is not in Mayfield's trophy case. Frankfort looks very formidable next year for sure. Mayfield will get their share of the pie, they always do, Beechwood will likely also though I like the Cards H2H record with the Beechies.

I just think that Beechwood is going to dominate, there is nothing new in this system, its just going to be the normal Beechwood, New Cath game , and because New Cath is not 1A anymore, Beechwood will just take over. Danville is also gone.

Mayfield will still dominate d-1-1, Bethlehem and Holy Cross will battle it out for d-1-2, Beechwood will dominate d-1-3, Frankfort will dominate d-1-4, LCA and Raceland will battle it out in d-1-5, anyones guess in d-1-6, Harlan and Hazard should be cream of the crop in d-1-7 and Pikeville should dominate d-1-8....I would think that most of the 1st couple of playoff rounds will be blowouts and then some good matchups in the final 8 on....

D-1-6 I think will come down to Williamsburg and Lynn camp. Williamsburg will be young and will have a hard time replacing Root at LB and Frazier at QB. Look for Jerry Herron to revamp his spread offense a bit to fit the Talents of a young Ryan Moses at QB and Will Moses at RB\Receiver. Williamsburg has a much tougher schedule set up this next year and it should be one that prpares the young Jackets for district play.