2007 1A Football

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In district 1-3, how does everyone think the newcomer Bishop Brossart will fair? They played a limited JV schedule last year but decided to make the jump.

They will get beat soundly by everyone in the district this year. And yes, that includes the likes of Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow.

1A will be the same as every year except now it will be just Beechwood and Mayfield every time, instead of also having NCC and Danville in the mix too.

I know in district 3 I look for the final standing to look like this next year

1. Beechwood

2. Ludlow

3. Bellevue

4. Brossart

I know, I know, everybody will be much improved over last year. Bellevue returns a bunch of starters and this year returns a QB that has some experience. I look for Bellevue to be ahead of Dayton and Ludlow. Brossart is the odd man out.

I know, I know, everybody will be much improved over last year. Bellevue returns a bunch of starters and this year returns a QB that has some experience. I look for Bellevue to be ahead of Dayton and Ludlow. Brossart is the odd man out.

I agree with Hurricane.

1. Beechwood

2. Bellevue

3. Dayton

4. Ludlow

All four teams are returning alot of talent and experience. It will be an interesting year next year in this district

:thumb:

This was the first year without Yeagle.

See, and look what happened! :lol:

Actually, anyone that doesn't know that Beechwood was solid before Yeagle hasn't done their research. Yeagle took them to a new level. Like Danville; they were a great program under Duffy but I've felt that Harp took them to an even greater level. :thumb:

You are good enough poster to know that he was talking about Beechwood’s run in 1A the years that and Mayfield were playing in 2A.

Nice try.:sssh: :D

Honestly I still haven't found where he was talking about Beechwoods run when Danville and Mayfield were in 2A. It seemed to me that he was talking about how they always have to play Danville usually in the semifinals to make the state championship, and now they wont have to deal with them anymore. My point was Beechwood has had to deal with NCC not just in the regular season but also early in the playoffs in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds...

Its really to early right now to have any solid predicitions, but I think Brossart will upset one of the schools in this district...I will stick with what I said though with Ludlow as the 2 seed, because I know Bellevue returns alot, but Ludlow also returns their QB who as the year went on started to do really good, and will only be better next year. They also return their top Runningback, and as we seen at the end of the year they return a very good receiver in Buddy Lunsford who set school records in the last two weeks of the year. What ultimately killed Ludlow last year injuries, could be the thing that helps out for this year. Last year Ludlow's top 4 receivers going into the year last year was not even playing anymore in the last few weeks of the year. Their Center tore his ACL, one of their top linebackers was out for the year after the Beechwood game, and the list goes on from there. So yeah injuries really killed Ludlow last year, but it could be the thing that helps out this year because now all the young guys who had to go into play got alot of valuable experience. So thats why right now I give the edge to Ludlow for the 2 seed.

One thing is for sure though, it is going to be alot of fun watching these teams battle it out next year, because now with NCC gone all Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, and Brossart have legit shots at atleast getting the 2 seed every year, and could do better in the playoffs since they wont have to play a NCC or Beechwood in the first round. Hopefully Beechwood will decide to move up to 2A eventually and it will be even better...:D

Honestly I still haven't found where he was talking about Beechwoods run when Danville and Mayfield were in 2A. It seemed to me that he was talking about how they always have to play Danville usually in the semifinals to make the state championship, and now they wont have to deal with them anymore. My point was Beechwood has had to deal with NCC not just in the regular season but also early in the playoffs in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds...

:thumb:

I understand but IMO it was implied. I guess I have just read more of his post and know that he is more knowledgeable about NCC and Beechwood to think that Beechwood had it easy.

Not trying to take anything away from Beechwoods legacy and not to say they wouldn't have won all those state championships in the 90's, but in looking at the records for the most part Danville and Mayfield were in AA the majority of the 90's.

All this talk about Danville/Mayfield playing 2A, let's not forget that Pikeville, Bardstown and Harrodsburg were very good in the 90's. I can remember Beechwood beating a Lloyd team a couple times in the playoffs and I believe they would have beat anyone else in the state those yrs.

D-1-6 I think will come down to Williamsburg and Lynn camp. Williamsburg will be young and will have a hard time replacing Root at LB and Frazier at QB. Look for Jerry Herron to revamp his spread offense a bit to fit the Talents of a young Ryan Moses at QB and Will Moses at RB\Receiver. Williamsburg has a much tougher schedule set up this next year and it should be one that prpares the young Jackets for district play.

Don't forget about Campbellsville who should be improved next year. I look for Lynn Camp to be a lot better next year, with most of their skill players returning, and 2000 yard back Joe Roskopf. Lynn Camp has a strong schedule as usual that will prepare them for the playoffs. What does the Jacket schedule look like next year?