Where would Ryle rank?

westsider

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the state championship has been decided ...

Where did Ryle fit in the 4A hierarchy? Certainly behind Trinity, Male and St. Xavier and most likely Henry Clay ... where would the Raiders fit best in the top 10?

With no disrespect to Ryle because they earned the right to play for a state championship last night, but (after watching them play) they are not a top team. In years past, this would have been a second round match-up, but Ryle benefitted from the new format.

Trinity

Ryle

Now, do I think they are the second best 4A team in the State? No, but they did what they had to do, to be the runner-up in the State in this year's Tournament. It wasn't the school, coaches, or their fans fault that the KSHAA voted to do what they did this year. Like I said, I don't think Ryle is the second best 4A team in the State, but they have the trophy to prove they are....and thats all they need to show, to prove they are the second best team in the State this year.....

#1 State Champion Trinity.

#2 State Runner-Up Ryle.

That is why we have a tournament to determine this. This is not the BCS or other bowl system.

If you doubt Ryle is number 2, ride to the mountains and see their trophy. Then check your teams trophy case and see if the covert is bare. You can not win this argument.

No one questions where the State Runner-Up trophy will be residing. We get that.

Westsider's question, frankly, is fair for BGP. It's not insulting to Ryle to simply ask, in hindsight, where they probably ranked in the 4A Big Picture.

Discussing hypotheticals is a big part of what we do here...right?

#2 State Runner-Up Ryle.

That is why we have a tournament to determine this. This is not the BCS or other bowl system.

If you doubt Ryle is number 2, ride to the mountains and see their trophy. Then check your teams trophy case and see if the covert is bare. You can not win this argument.

I doubt you'll see it if you drive to the mountains; might want to head north.

#2 State Runner-Up Ryle.

If you see mountains on your way to Ryle, you took the long way.

No one questions where the State Runner-Up trophy will be residing. We get that.

Westsider's question, frankly, is fair for BGP. It's not insulting to Ryle to simply ask, in hindsight, where they probably ranked in the 4A Big Picture.

Discussing hypotheticals is a big part of what we do here...right?

I get what you are saying also.

I love the hypothetical discussions on BGP that's what makes it fun. However Hypotheticals don't win games teams do. IMO hypotheticals should stop when the games are played and it is decided under the lights. IMO Ryle was the second best team in the state as proven on the field.

I could be wrong though TJMO

Don't know enough about other 4-A schools, but Ryle is definitely below the Big 3 and Henry Clay. The most one-dimensional offense I've seen since Army's Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside in the 1940's. I believe they had 5 first downs until the last drive versus Trinity's reserves.

Ryle was a mountain for most teams to get over this year. So go North instead.

I know on BGP there is alot of what if, and it is fun. In the end no argument Ryle is number 2. They have the trophy. Raider Nation do not think otherwise. Keep building.