Where would Ryle rank?

westsider

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To avoid the, "Ryle is the second best team in the state" way of thinking (which is nothing wrong with it), let us pretend there is a district with Trinity, X, H, Henry Clay, PRP, Ryle, Warren Central, Lafayette, Ballard, .. every team plays each other. Where would Ryle end up.

BTW, Congrats to Ryle on an awesome season... :thumb:

If I were to rank my year's end top ten this would be it...

1 - Trinity

2 - Male

3 - St. Xavier

4 - Henry Clay

5 - PRP

6 - Ryle

7 - Warren Central

8 - Henderson County

9 - Ballard

10 - Lafayette

I would have a hard time putting Henderson Co in the top 10 after the beating given to them by Ryle. I know it's just one game but I would be inclined to believe that Campbell Co, Dixie, and Boone Co were better than Henderson Co. I also believe that several Lexington area schools (Scott Co and Lafayette) probably belong ahead of the other NKY 4A schools.

I would have a hard time putting Henderson Co in the top 10 after the beating given to them by Ryle. I know it's just one game but I would be inclined to believe that Campbell Co, Dixie, and Boone Co were better than Henderson Co. I also believe that several Lexington area schools (Scott Co and Lafayette) probably belong ahead of the other NKY 4A schools.

I agree...nothing against Hendo, they made it a long ways, but, I believe most knowledgable West Kentuckians would tell you they were not the best West team...Oboro, WCentral, Christian Co were all more talented and Marshall Co, Graves Co and Apollo were pretty even with them..they just happened to be the one that got it done, but, imo, not a top 10 team

We already knew that you were old...

Ryle goes 12-2 before last night's game and blows out many teams, most notably jumping to a 49-0 lead over 4-A semifinalist Henderson County. They then get blown out last night in one of the most lopsided 4-A finals ever. In fact, the last two times we had a non-Louisville team in the 4-A final, the scores are a combined 90-14. What does this say about the level of 4-A football outside of Louisville?

It says that a lot of schools do the following:

1) Fail to recruit their own school building(especially the skilled athletes from other sports)

2) Fail to 2 platoon at the Freshmen and Junior Varsity level

3) Fail to insist that the youth programs have mandatory playing time

4) Fail to embrace the forward pass as a viable offensive weapon

If I were to rank my year's end top ten this would be it...

1 - Trinity

2 - Male

3 - St. Xavier

4 - Henry Clay

5 - PRP

6 - Ryle

7 - Warren Central

8 - Henderson County

9 - Ballard

10 - Lafayette

Manaul beat PRP and Warren Central and didn't even make the top ten? Henderson beat Warren Central at Warren Central and is behind them? Not sure where PRP's repect was coming from all year.

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. St. Xavier

4. Henry Clay

5-15 or so could be in almost any order, with (in alphabetical order) Christian County, Henderson County, Lafayette, Manual, Owensboro, Pleasure Ridge Park, Ryle, Scott County and Warren Central all in the mix.

Not behind Henry Clay? I heard Ryle had like 4 or 5 first downs last night before their scoring drive! Henry Clay at least put points up!

Well am i entitled to my opinion? I think that Trinity played 10 times tougher against Ryle than Henry Clay, because Ryle was in the way of #17.

Well am i entitled to my opinion? I think that Trinity played 10 times tougher against Ryle than Henry Clay, because Ryle was in the way of #17.

Wasn't Henry Clay kinda in the way of #17 too? Also IMO Henry Clay prolly came out of a much tougher side of the bracket as well!

I guess its tough to compare 2 teams that never played, IMO Henry Clay would have to much team speed for Ryle!