Conner 20 Highlands 17

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I really like Brian Weinrich, he is a great guy. This one is going to get that seat hot I think. If I were him though, I’d change gears right here and play studs both ways. I think the argument just got finished tonight about whether 2 platoon is better than playing your studs both ways. I need to hear the exact explanation on why Huddy is not used on offense.

First of all UK Band was outstanding.

Second, Conner played with more enthusiasm and never gave up when down 14 early.

Three, time to clean the house from top to bottom. The program is stale and there are members of the coaching staff (Umberg) need to step back to the Fort Thomas Junior Football League.

Four, I have said since the 2015 season that this 2 platoon system is overrated when you have kids playing that otherwise would not even see the field. Coach would rather lose games than put kids on both sides of the ball when in a must win situation.

Very disappointed in this game and unfortunate that BW will be ousted at the end of the year. Long time coming.

It is not unfortunate, the job is simply bigger than the person in some cases and this is one. Excellent defensive guy, but not head coach material.

I want to ask this question, who made the decision to bench Hollingsworth? Weinrich or Umberg? If either one of them thought the chances of winning that game with the backup QB, then they should step down tomorrow.

The offensive set is elementary. It is very apparent that opponents know what the Birds are going to run before the snap. If a team keeps outnumbering you in the box, then you need to change your approach not keep running the same plays over and over and over again.

Why was the big receiver not in the game the last series?

Meanwhile #808 Knoxville Catholic who had to beat Highlands on a game winning drive beat #109 ranked Brentwood Academy 36-31 today. The fact that Highlands was close to beating Knoxville is shocking but Highlands just probably wasn't having a good day today. I still expect them to be a big threat to CCH this year.