Conner 20 Highlands 17

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we could get some of the posters in this thread on the coaching staff, Highlands would immediately be back to winning titles.

You don’t have to read the posts.

But the kids are...

I don’t think the criticism is focused at the Highlands players. At all. They are working their tails off and doing all they can.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the coaches stepping out of the locker room and letting the leader/leaders have there say with the team. If they are a true family then they will listen. That just might be what they need.

Difference is this is high school, not college or pro. Adults versus juveniles.

I disagree the whole idea of a true team is trust amongst each other. Leaders don't wait to be told that they need to lead. They lead every day at practice and on the field. I have seen 12-13 year olds give speeches at a youth halftime games to fire there team up. Then go out there and win the game. The coaches stepped back for a min and let the leader go to work.

So one player goes into the locker room and undresses his team using four letter superlatives. This accomplishes what exactly and secondly, where were the coaches when this happened and how did they address it if at all?

I don't know if it accomplished anything and I am not saying a HS player yelling a bunch of "f" bombs should be acceptable. I just said I heard it happened. Personally, if I was the coach, I would be happy that a senior leader was trying to spark the team but would not condone the language.

If only we could get some of the posters in this thread on the coaching staff, Highlands would immediately be back to winning titles.

I get what you are saying Deuce. HHS fans have been spoiled by Dale and all of his great teams. However, I think a lot of the HHS fans on here are frustrated because the current staff does not try some obvious things that may help. I am not saying that HHS would win a state title with the changes but it would probably make the team better...and if didn't, the offense CANNOT be worse than it has been the last two weeks. There just does not seem to be any creativity at all on the offensive side of the ball IMO.

I refuse to get caught up in the coaching aspect. I will say that the OL should be challenged and next up concept as the play has been poor. You have DL and LB accepting their roles based on the fact that the guys on the field are getting it done; however every place else you can spot start a guy or two to send a message. No doubt Colin is going to win you games but the offense has been stagnant. Welch and Richter are contributing more than they should. Senior wideouts and rb’s better bring it and if you are a DB other than Brass you have got some work to do!

I don't know if it accomplished anything and I am not saying a HS player yelling a bunch of "f" bombs should be acceptable. I just said I heard it happened. Personally, if I was the coach, I would be happy that a senior leader was trying to spark the team but would not condone the language.

Agree with this 100%.