Conner 20 Highlands 17

Any idea why the Highlands quarterback was replaced in the second half with the 3rd string QB, instead of the QB that starts for Highlands' JV? I thought the JV starter (a sophomore) had beaten out the young man that got the start in the 2nd half...

Hollingsworth was benched in favor of Fahlbush, who started game one and is the backup qb. Surrey is the other qb of whom you speak.

Coaches also benched the first unit rbs and wrs the first drive of second half where the drive went backwards. IMO this was when the tide turned in the favor of Conner and their kids believed it was their game and they went out and executed their game plan.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dropped a few as well. With that said I sat next to #11 grandpa and that kid wasn’t a burner but golly did he make some move the chain possession catches. Does anybody have that young Man’s name. Grandpa had a reason to smile.

Drew Cobble is #11 for Conner.

But arm chair QB’s are always entertaining.

You are right. I don’t coach the team and I really don’t have room to suggest them what to. It is a whole lot different when you’re the guy driving the bus.

I don’t think the 5A is an issue. We certainly expected them to beat three of the five district opponents and possibly all of them. Conner wasn’t expected and I assume that’s what happened.....

CCH ain’t coasting in there expecting a running clock in a couple weeks. It’s just Highlands doesn’t have Beau Hodge and exceptional athletes right now. Not many any way. Welcome to earth and a little parity cake town.

CCH went through 17 straight losses not long ago.

Edited by theguru
Rule 10

Hollingsworth was benched in favor of Fahlbush, who started game one and is the backup qb. Surrey is the other qb of whom you speak.

Coaches also benched the first unit rbs and wrs the first drive of second half where the drive went backwards. IMO this was when the tide turned in the favor of Conner and their kids believed it was their game and they went out and executed their game plan.

Curious to see if the Hollingsworth move is permanent to kind of reset the season. They have Boone this week where they should be able to name the score.

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.