Kentucky 77 Coll. Of Charleston 61

cvillecat

That was brutal to watch. RM looked good. Kermit played well. They were awful on the glass. Meeks and Jasper are going to have some ups and downs over the next 6 weeks, but they will be better for it in the long run. Still a lot of work to be done...

:thumb: I agree with you here GT.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really with Thomas, he just doesnt really mess up a whole lot. If you watch him he does set good screens and does a lot of things Coach Smith needs him to do. At the same time Stevenson needs to have his minutes atleast even up with Thomas.

Im watching the game on taped delay right now. I dont know much about College of Charleston, they are usually a good team. But to hold them to 15 points in the 1st half is a great performance defensively. I really hope this team sells themselves out on that side of the floor, then we can be a good team!

BTW Stevenson is looking great!

He just doesnt produce. Never has and never will. He plays 25 minutes a game you get nothing out of him. Thats whats terrible.

What is he supposed to produce. He is a role player and there has never been any bones about it. Sets screens, gets a few boards, plays D, doesnt turn the ball over, run the offense, hit open shots, dont take bad ones. Which of those does he not do?

What is he supposed to produce. He is a role player and there has never been any bones about it. Sets screens, gets a few boards, plays D, doesnt turn the ball over, run the offense, hit open shots, dont take bad ones. Which of those does he not do?

Doesnt get hardly any boards, doesnt seem to hit many open shots to me either. He just doesnt belong on the floor at a school like UK. Him starting and playing that many minutes shows how far Kentucky basketball has fallen.

Cats started slow but finished well. Good defensive effort and nice pickup on offense the 2nd half shooting 56%..

Morris 17 pts. 8 Reb. leads the way followed by Joe Crawford with 15 and Stevenson 14 pts. hitting 7-7 but had 0 defensive reb.

Defense had 38 deflections and 8 steals.

Freshman once again looked impressive. Rebounding needs some attention & need to take better care of the ball.

Any coach will tell you that those add up. I'm not really happy with the lesser than stellar outcome. But deflections mean a teams hustling, or starting to understan the team D a bit more. I suppose I can't complain too much.

Any coach will tell you that those add up. I'm not really happy with the lesser than stellar outcome. But deflections mean a teams hustling, or starting to understan the team D a bit more. I suppose I can't complain too much.

You are correct. The effort was there so somebody is starting to understand that playing defense will earn you some PT.

:thumb: I agree, this team does need to get more in sync on "O" and rebound the ball better. Defense was really improved in this game. I know it was vs. CoC but they were covering on weak side help and looked to be improved in their communication on "D" to me. As I said, it was obvious that Tubby had worked on and stressed defense all week. This team should come around within a couple of weeks by having a few more games under their belt and imo Tubby will get a better idea on a rotation/combinations.