Kentucky 77 Coll. Of Charleston 61

cvillecat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone defending SHE-Ray, see post seven to see what he "didn't" do.

He didn't make a field goal (hit two free throws) in 27 minutes.

He only pulled 4 rebounds in 27 minutes.

He had one assist and one turnover in 27 minutes.

Most importantly, College of Charleston was VERY THIN in post players and this was the best SHE-Ray could do in 27 minutes?

Yes, he sucks.

Thomas is struggling and especially on the offensive end. He's not going up strong, boxing out or putting a body on his defender, to get into position for a rebound.

He passes well and appears to see open teammate, but those qualities can't overcome his current woes. I know Coach Smith likes his hustle and defense, but UK has to get some offensive production out of him, to be effective.

Stevenson is learning, Perry shoots from the perimeter and Obrzut....well, but he's going to have to work on improving on both sides of the court, to give his team some production and justify his playing time.

I really thought Thomas played good defense in the 25 minutes of the game I watched. He does need to start rebounding with a recklessness in order to warrant playing that much IMO. But he does do a lot of the little things that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

As for the game, yes the offense wasn't very good, but our defense was swarming and while we did just play College of Charleston, I believe it was a step in the right direction for this team.

Explain to me in detail what all he did that was terrible.

He did nothing. You can't give a player 25 minutes and have him produce nothing on a major college basketball team. He looks out of synch all the time. He throws the ball all over the place. He never scores. He never rebounds. He gets abused when trying to guard anyone one on one. He is terrible.

I really thought Thomas played good defense in the 25 minutes of the game I watched. He does need to start rebounding with a recklessness in order to warrant playing that much IMO. But he does do a lot of the little things that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

As for the game, yes the offense wasn't very good, but our defense was swarming and while we did just play College of Charleston, I believe it was a step in the right direction for this team.

Very good point and I like the comment on their defense, but have to work on the rebounding.

Thomas does do things to help but he has to provide some offensive production.

That was a tough game to watch last night....I had to decide between Friday Night Lights and the second half of the UK game...What has the world come to. Sheray Thomas takes minutes that someone that could be productive should have. Bobby Perry, there is a reason that he got out of Durham without and offer from the hometown school......I really like the Porter kid. Jasper, Meeks and Stevenson are very good but I really like the Porter kid, I think he will do some big things before he leaves UK. Randolph played with a sense of urgency last night, nice to see that and Crawford step his hustle up last night. Anyone else think that Coury might be a better player than "Woo"?

He did nothing. You can't give a player 25 minutes and have him produce nothing on a major college basketball team. He looks out of synch all the time. He throws the ball all over the place. He never scores. He never rebounds. He gets abused when trying to guard anyone one on one. He is terrible.

Did you watch the game last night? He played good defense, he only had 1 turnover. He screens well and did some positive things. I agree he doesnt need to play 25 minutes, but last night he did some positive things.

There is certain reasons why Thomas is playing that perhaps the average fan doesnt see. Defensively, hes in the right position and rotates well, offensively he runs the plays right. The big thing he needs to do that he doesnt is rebound like a mad man!

That was a tough game to watch last night....I had to decide between Friday Night Lights and the second half of the UK game...What has the world come to. Sheray Thomas takes minutes that someone that could be productive should have. Bobby Perry, there is a reason that he got out of Durham without and offer from the hometown school......I really like the Porter kid. Jasper, Meeks and Stevenson are very good but I really like the Porter kid, I think he will do some big things before he leaves UK. Randolph played with a sense of urgency last night, nice to see that and Crawford step his hustle up last night. Anyone else think that Coury might be a better player than "Woo"?

I've never been a Thomas basher, but I'm having trouble not joining the ranks after last night. He showed potential his freshman year, but has never come around.

I think Carter and Coury both need more minutes. Carter has some decent instincts if he gets the chance to develop them, and Coury hasn't shown me any reason he can't produce as well as Woo/Sheray.

Randy did look good, and the freshmen all have big time potential.

My starting 5 after last night:

Jasper

Bradley

Crawford

Stevenson

Morris

I think I might be a better player than Woo.

I've never been a Thomas basher, but I'm having trouble not joining the ranks after last night. He showed potential his freshman year, but has never come around.

I think Carter and Coury both need more minutes. Carter has some decent instincts if he gets the chance to develop them, and Coury hasn't shown me any reason he can't produce as well as Woo/Sheray.

Jasper

Bradley

Crawford

Stevenson

Morris

Believe it or not, Coury is much less athletic than Sheray Thomas is, which isnt saying a whole lot.

Did you watch the game last night? He played good defense, he only had 1 turnover. He screens well and did some positive things. I agree he doesnt need to play 25 minutes, but last night he did some positive things.

There is certain reasons why Thomas is playing that perhaps the average fan doesnt see. Defensively, hes in the right position and rotates well, offensively he runs the plays right. The big thing he needs to do that he doesnt is rebound like a mad man!

I watched the game very closely last night. He did not play good defense. The player he was guarding was able to get an open look anytime he wanted. Something else the "average" fan might not notice is that he touch-fouled two times on layups and gave up two 3-point plays. I'm not even sure that there is an argument here anymore - after 4 years...

Jasper

Bradley

Crawford

Stevenson

Morris

:thumb:

LMB,

Thomas might screen well, but he really couldn't contribute against CoC.

Do you think he will offer much against better competition? When he gets the ball, he is NO threat to score. Other teams scout and they no Thomas has ZERO offensive ability.

Letting the opposition gaurd 5 on 4 doesn't give UK much chance and even if they can get a decent shot off, Thomas pretty much has NO chance of pulling an offensive board.

Stevenson on the other hand.....

Really with Thomas, he just doesnt really mess up a whole lot. If you watch him he does set good screens and does a lot of things Coach Smith needs him to do. At the same time Stevenson needs to have his minutes atleast even up with Thomas.

Im watching the game on taped delay right now. I dont know much about College of Charleston, they are usually a good team. But to hold them to 15 points in the 1st half is a great performance defensively. I really hope this team sells themselves out on that side of the floor, then we can be a good team!

BTW Stevenson is looking great!

I'd rather have a guy that's going to make some plays and give some energy even if he did make some mistakes. What good does it do us for Sheray Thomas not to make any mistakes when he doesn't do anything else? It's pretty much like we're playing 4 on 5 on offense when he's out there...at least with Stevenson teams have to keep a body on him.

I can't understand for the life of me why Thomas gets the minutes he does...that's what I love about Tubby. He talks about line-up changes as if he's going to shake things up and all he does is insert the worst player on the roster into the starting lineup. And we wonder why he has trouble recruiting....why would a guy like Brandan Wright want to go ride the pine behind Sheray Thomas? :lol: