Kentucky 77 Coll. Of Charleston 61

cvillecat

LMB,

Thomas might screen well, but he really couldn't contribute against CoC.

Do you think he will offer much against better competition? When he gets the ball, he is NO threat to score. Other teams scout and they no Thomas has ZERO offensive ability.

Letting the opposition gaurd 5 on 4 doesn't give UK much chance and even if they can get a decent shot off, Thomas pretty much has NO chance of pulling an offensive board.

Stevenson on the other hand.....

What are you talking about? He's our "go-to" guy at crunch time...anyone remember that great play Tubby called against LSU last year? Too bad Sheray couldn't draw iron from 3 feet...

...seriously, who in this world would have called a play for Sheray Thomas with the game on the line...especially against a team like LSU that is strong inside?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game very closely last night. He did not play good defense. The player he was guarding was able to get an open look anytime he wanted. Something else the "average" fan might not notice is that he touch-fouled two times on layups and gave up two 3-point plays. I'm not even sure that there is an argument here anymore - after 4 years...

:thumb:

I'm shocked that there are actually people on here defending Sheray Thomas.

I'm speechless.

Did you watch the game last night? He played good defense, he only had 1 turnover. He screens well and did some positive things. I agree he doesnt need to play 25 minutes, but last night he did some positive things.

There is certain reasons why Thomas is playing that perhaps the average fan doesnt see. Defensively, hes in the right position and rotates well, offensively he runs the plays right. The big thing he needs to do that he doesnt is rebound like a mad man!

:thumb: :thumb: Absolutely correct,there are a lot of fans that only look at pts. scored by a player. I am not saying that this one you quoted was at all just that there are a lot of things that go into playing a good b.b. game other than points. Sheray needs to improve just like all the others, I am not saying that he doesn't just that I don't think that he is as bad as what some think. JMO

What are you talking about? He's our "go-to" guy at crunch time...anyone remember that great play Tubby called against LSU last year? Too bad Sheray couldn't draw iron from 3 feet...

...seriously, who in this world would have called a play for Sheray Thomas with the game on the line...especially against a team like LSU that is strong inside?

What about in Maui when Sheray became the passer from the top of the key and tried to throw it Morris? Tubby loves him.

:thumb: :thumb: Absolutely correct,there are a lot of fans that only look at pts. scored by a player. I am not saying that this one you quoted was at all just that there are a lot of things that go into playing a good b.b. game other than points.

I think most people know that. Sheray Thomas doesn't do any of those things either. The best that can be said about him is that he doesn't make mistakes...but when you never do anything you usually don't. I think his lack of mistakes is tied to the fact that he doesn't do anything with the ball...if he wasn't so bad he'd be invisible on the court.

What about in Maui when Sheray became the passer from the top of the key and tried to throw it Morris? Tubby loves him.

I missed that one...but he does seem to be one of Tubby's guys.

All I can figure is that Sheray Thomas rips it up in practice when we can't see...I bet he's averaging a double-double in practice. How else can his playing time even be remotely justified?

I think most people know that. Sheray Thomas doesn't do any of those things either. The best that can be said about him is that he doesn't make mistakes...but when you never do anything you usually don't. I think his lack of mistakes is tied to the fact that he doesn't do anything with the ball...if he wasn't so bad he'd be invisible on the court.

:D :thumb:

I missed that one...but he does seem to be one of Tubby's guys.

All I can figure is that Sheray Thomas rips it up in practice when we can't see...I bet he's averaging a double-double in practice. How else can his playing time even be remotely justified?

I think that the defender deflected the pass out of bounds and we ended up getting it back, but he telegraphed about a 25' pass with the game on the line - we lost anyways, but still.

I think that the defender deflected the pass out of bounds and we ended up getting it back, but he telegraphed about a 25' pass with the game on the line - we lost anyways, but still.

Really...he shouldn't even be on the court when the game is in doubt. He should only play at the end of blowouts....which are becoming rare.

All I can figure is that Sheray Thomas rips it up in practice when we can't see...

:thumb: This I agree with you on, imo if a kid really works his can off in practice that he deserves to play. Also, if he is doing well in practice it will ome out in a game at some point. As I agreed with LMB on, imo he doesn't need to be playing 26min. a game but he does do, some positve things that the average fan might not notice. He does need to rebound better (as all do). As for an earlier poster stated about a bad pass in Maui with the game on the line ......I guess the poster or anyone on here has ever thrown a bad pass or misssed an assignment in a game in their entire life. S.T. does have tha talent o play major college basketball or he wouldn't be there. I know that I never had that kind of ability and I seriously doubt that many if any on BGP have.

:thumb: This I agree with you on, imo if a kid really works his can off in practice that he deserves to play. Also, if he is doing well in practice it will ome out in a game at some point. As I agreed with LMB on, imo he doesn't need to be playing 26min. a game but he does do, some positve things that the average fan might not notice. He does need to rebound better (as all do). As for an earlier poster stated about a bad pass in Maui with the game on the line ......I guess the poster or anyone on here has ever thrown a bad pass or misssed an assignment in a game in their entire life. S.T. does have tha talent o play major college basketball or he wouldn't be there. I know that I never had that kind of ability and I seriously doubt that many if any on BGP have.

Unbelievable.

“It was my fault. I should have at least drew some contact or draw iron to give my teammates a chance.”

-- Sheray Thomas

“It was my fault. I should have at least drew some contact or draw iron to give my teammates a chance.”

-- Sheray Thomas

Wireman, I'm sensing and perhaps I'm assuming, that you're not a Thomas or Perry fan....:D

The plus side of Thomas/Perry, I believe you would agree is their height. Depending on whom would replace their playing time, will affect defensive match-ups and other aspects of the game.

I understand your dislike but instead of focusing on what they can't, won't or shouldn't be doing, whom/how needs to get those quality minutes instead of them.....What type of defense, would have to be played since the lineup would be smaller....

Wireman, I'm sensing and perhaps I'm assuming, that you're not a Thomas or Perry fan....:D

The plus side of Thomas/Perry, I believe you would agree is their height. Depending on whom would replace their playing time, will affect defensive match-ups and other aspects of the game.

I understand your dislike but instead of focusing on what they can't, won't or shouldn't be doing, whom/how needs to get those quality minutes instead of them.....What type of defense, would have to be played since the lineup would be smaller....

I think Perry will contribute to the team, he is just in a slump right now. Thomas will never contribute.

I would continue to start Stevenson and help his development if I were the decision maker.